[net.women] TO ALL * NET.WOMEN * USERS

agrawal@csd2.UUCP (Mukul Babu Agrawal) (01/27/85)

TO ALL * NET.WOMEN * USERS
	Once,casually,I came across this net.women.Frankly,I'm not interested
very greatly in it.But as I leafed through it,it seemed to me that an
overwhelmingly large proportion of the contributers is  MALE .In other words,
it seems that far more MEN seem to be interested in it than women.In that case,
guys,why don't you name it net.men ???????
  	Or,if you prefer, net.we-men ???????????
Also,how do you account for the seeming lack of any female responses ????

One thing.If you respond to this query,please don't clutter and confuse the
question raised by introducing any variety of the M.C.P. or the LIB factor.

olsen@wxlvax.UUCP (Neil Olsen) (01/29/85)

> TO ALL * NET.WOMEN * USERS
> 	Once,casually,I came across this net.women.Frankly,I'm not interested
> very greatly in it.But as I leafed through it,it seemed to me that an
> overwhelmingly large proportion of the contributers is  MALE .In other words,
> it seems that far more MEN seem to be interested in it than women.In that case,
> guys,why don't you name it net.men ???????
>   	Or,if you prefer, net.we-men ???????????
> Also,how do you account for the seeming lack of any female responses ????
>
> One thing.If you respond to this query,please don't clutter and confuse the
> question raised by introducing any variety of the M.C.P. or the LIB factor.

MEN had and will always have a keen interest in women problems and
issues.
Therefore it is only natural to find so many male contributors to
net.women.( the  subnet net.women.only is not immune of male
contributors either).
Besides, net.women is meant to discuss women issues only. It is
not set up for women contributors only.
As for setting up a net.men to discuss specifically male problems
and issues , I think that's pretty neat idea. But if
you mean to reserve it to male contributors only, forget it!
Females and So's will invade it to find out , if nothing else ,
what's bothering their male brethern and what they are up to.

  Chedley  c/o  ittvax!wxlvax!olsen

rdz@ccice5.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) (01/29/85)

> TO ALL * NET.WOMEN * USERS
> 	Once,casually,I came across this net.women.Frankly,I'm not interested
> very greatly in it.But as I leafed through it,it seemed to me that an
> overwhelmingly large proportion of the contributers is  MALE .In other words,
> it seems that far more MEN seem to be interested in it than women.In that case,

I would assume that there is a large amount of male contribution because
access to computer systems is basically a male province.  Now before
anyone flames, think about what I just stated.  I didn't say it was
right, only that it was fact.

alan@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Alan Algustyniak) (01/30/85)

In article <4160001@csd2.UUCP> agrawal@csd2.UUCP (Mukul Babu Agrawal) writes:

> Also,how do you account for the seeming lack of any female responses ????

Ok, I give up, Mukul. How *do* you account for it ???????

	sdcrdcf!alan

doherty@eosp1.UUCP (Suzanne Doherty) (02/07/85)

	There are a lot of women out here in the computer field
	who have access to USENET and net.women who read articles
	and do not respond. This does not mean women aren't interested
	in the subject matter posted to the news group. I am sure
	men however have a lot more questions about women then do
	women have about themselves. I am not saying women don't
	have questions about themselves either. But one has a tendency
	to know more about the sex one is a member of.

						sincerely,
							Suzanne