[net.women] not.women

sunny@sun.uucp (Ms. Sunny Kirsten) (05/25/85)

It doesn't matter what your logical basis is for expressing hatred and anger.
What matters is love and acceptance, for only they *work* in life.
Battling for supremacy (a male approach to life) as you so well exemplify...

> []
> >> Why do *I*, as a white adult male of Northern European descent, have to pay
> >> for what *someone else* did more than 200 years ago?...
> >
> > *YOU* make me throw up.
> >
> > *Your* white ancestors intelligently came to this `land of opportunity'
> > where `ALL WHITE MALES ARE CREATED SUPERIOR', lived decent, hard working
> > lives, and now, *YOU*, the fruit of their expectations, have fulfilled
> > their hopes by attaining a what probably seemed but a dream a short
> > 130 years ago. etc. etc. etc.
>
> OK, buddy, *my* parents came to this country about forty years ago.
> The majority of my mother's family was turned into soap and lampshades
> by a group of people who now seem to have a substantial fan club on
> the network. My father had to spend a good proportion of his youth
> fighting against a couple of hundred million people of the Moslem
> persuasion who wanted to turn *him* into soap and lampshades.
> So send me all your fuckin' money, you filthy profiteer-from-the-murder-
> of-innocents pig you (check or money order, please).
>
> Isaac Dimitrovsky

is a useless waste of energy.  Why not go all the way, boys, use all the
energy at your disposal, and go ahead and nuke the entire planet.
That'll show him!
			God...
			please deliver us from hatred.
			please make us all nurturing and loving.
			please make us all women. (oops...shhh..)
			oh.....
			free will....
			we have to deliver ourselves......

I heard it said that as The Devil was being cast out of heaven, to take
dominion over earth, he asked of the Lord:  "Man will have laws, yes?"

The omni-<mumble> one said: "What, you wish to make his laws?"

The prince of darkness said: "I only wish that he be allowed to make his own."

.
.
.
Snake!	Wham!	Wham!	Wham!
.
.
.

I am you, and you are me, and we are one.
We are all brothers and sisters, EVERY one.
We all have karmic debts to pay, or we wouldn't be on this planet.
No one of us is perfect, nor better than any other.
We all have our failings, at some time or another, somewhere, somehow...
Forgive your brethren their failures, as they should forgive you,
we all try our best, and still fail.  What really matters, is to give
love (not hatred), acceptance (not a holier-than-thou attitude).
Welcome to net.women where we hope you'll learn some feminine values.

				Sunny

--
{ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4}!sun!sunny (Ms. Sunny Kirsten)

dimitrov@csd2.UUCP (Isaac Dimitrovsky) (05/29/85)

[]
Sunny Kirsten writes:
> It doesn't matter what your logical basis is for expressing hatred and anger.
> What matters is love and acceptance, for only they *work* in life.
> Battling for supremacy (a male approach to life) as you so well exemplify...
> is a useless waste of energy.  Why not go all the way, boys, use all the
> energy at your disposal, and go ahead and nuke the entire planet.

referring to the earlier exchange:

>>> Why do *I*, as a white adult male of Northern European descent, have to pay
>>> for what *someone else* did more than 200 years ago?...
>>
>> *YOU* make me throw up.
>>
>> *Your* white ancestors intelligently came to this `land of opportunity'
>> where `ALL WHITE MALES ARE CREATED SUPERIOR', lived decent, hard working
>> lives, and now, *YOU*, the fruit of their expectations, have fulfilled
>> 130 years ago. etc. etc. etc.
>
> OK, buddy, *my* parents came to this country about forty years ago.
> The majority of my mother's family was turned into soap and lampshades
> by a group of people who now seem to have a substantial fan club on
> the network. My father had to spend a good proportion of his youth
> fighting against a couple of hundred million people of the Moslem
> persuasion who wanted to turn *him* into soap and lampshades.
> So send me all your fuckin' money, you filthy profiteer-from-the-murder-
> of-innocents pig you (check or money order, please).
>
> Isaac Dimitrovsky

It should have been clear that my response was tongue-in-cheek and
sarcastic, not serious. I was irritated by the holier-than-thou tone
of the first response (You make me throw up, etc.), so I guess I
responded in kind.

Isaac Dimitrovsky

jeff@rtech.UUCP (Jeff Lichtman) (05/29/85)

> It doesn't matter what your logical basis is for expressing hatred and anger.
> What matters is love and acceptance, for only they *work* in life.
> Battling for supremacy (a male approach to life) as you so well exemplify...

Example of men "battling for supremacy" in a "male" way...

> is a useless waste of energy.  Why not go all the way, boys, use all the
> energy at your disposal, and go ahead and nuke the entire planet.
> That'll show him!
> .
> .
> I am you, and you are me, and we are one.
> We are all brothers and sisters, EVERY one.
> We all have karmic debts to pay, or we wouldn't be on this planet.
> No one of us is perfect, nor better than any other.
> We all have our failings, at some time or another, somewhere, somehow...
> Forgive your brethren their failures, as they should forgive you,
> we all try our best, and still fail.  What really matters, is to give
> love (not hatred), acceptance (not a holier-than-thou attitude).
> Welcome to net.women where we hope you'll learn some feminine values.
>
> 				Sunny

I like the general idea of this posting: the idea that we should forgive
each other for our failings, and not be so inclined to violence and the
desire to coerce.  But I'm a little troubled by the implication that
love and forgiveness are feminine, and that violence and hatred are masculine.
I realize that more men than women are violent, but I know plenty of
men who have a "live and let live" attitude.  I hope you know some, too.

Remember that the idea that women and men have intrinsic natures has been
used to oppress women for a long time.  It disturbs me when I see feminists
using this kind of argument.  Once you have accepted the idea that women
have inborn dispositions that are intrinsically different from those of men,
not only have you placed limitations on all people, but you have also
implicitly agreed to the possibility that the intrinsic nature of women
is to be passive childbearers.
--
Jeff Lichtman at rtech (Relational Technology, Inc.)
aka Swazoo Koolak

{amdahl, sun}!rtech!jeff
{ucbvax, decvax}!mtxinu!rtech!jeff