[net.women] Warped Reasoning

beth@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Beth Christy) (06/11/85)

[]

From: robertp@weitek.UUCP (Robert Plamondon), Message-ID: <218@weitek.UUCP>:
>>In article <560@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> beth@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Beth Christy) writes:
>>
>> . . .   I disagree with you - I think rape is worse than murder. . .
>>

>So, should thoughtful rapists commit the lesser crime, and murder
>women instead?
>Should they demonstrate compassion by murdering their victims AFTER raping
>them?
>Should the government encourage victims to commit suicide and save
>themselves agony?
>Should the penalties for rape be so much stronger than the penalties for
>murder that rapists will feel FORCED to muder their victims?
>[...]
>		-- Robert Plamondon

Where Did you boys come up with this endearing "let's put words in their
mouths, then scoff at what they said" tactic?  So far, you two are the only
people I've seen who have posted anything like the above.  If you're trying
to prove that you can come up with truly asinine arguments, then keep it up
- you're doing a wonderful job.  *I* sure believe it, anyway.  Everything
quoted above certainly *is* asinine.

--

--JB                                          Life is just a bowl.