[net.women] The Eyejab Gambit

robertp@fear.UUCP (Robert Plamondon) (06/14/85)

In article <2919@sdcc3.UUCP>, ee171ael@sdcc3.UUCP (GEOFFREY KIM) writes:
> The best means of self defense, for a woman being raped, is a good swift
> eyejab.  It takes hardly any skill and hardly any strength.  Any weak
> woman can maim a would be rapist with a quick double eye jab.  Of course
> you would suffer from guilt--blinding a person for life, but hey its better
> than being raped.
>
> Remember, get a little courage and ZZZZZAPPPPP.
> Poke the person in the eye.
>
> Larry G. Kim

And if you miss, you're dead meat.  The best means of self-defense isn't to
out-clever the rapist after he's grabbed you, but to prevent him from
grabbing you in the first place.  Running, shooting holes in him, and being
on the other side of a locked door from him are all better than duking it out.

Once he's got his hands on you, the big question is whether he's more likely
to kill you if you fight than if you don't.  It's far better to escape
BEFORE this dilemma presents itself, so I for one would rather see people
emphasize ways to escape attacks early or prevent them altogether, rather
than focusing on methods of last resort.
--
		-- Robert Plamondon
		   {turtlevax, resonex, cae780}!weitek!robertp