[net.women] Parents & Arranged Marriages;

sunil@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Sunil Trivedi) (06/22/85)

> From: S.Ganapathy <ganpaty> Fri Jun 21 15:19:32 1985
> To: sunil
> Subject: your postings on the net.

 %  From sunil@ut-ngp.UUCP (Sunil Trivedi)  <1849@ut-ngp.UUCP>
 %%  From muppala@sunybcs.UUCP (Shankar Muppala)  <1818@sunybcs.UUCP>
 %% I suggest that he take a trip to hawaii. i am sure it will do him a lot
 %% of good  and save us from the trouble of having to read his postings
 %% whenever we get on to the net
 %   Not bad, giving a trip to Hawaii to anyone you don't like on the 'net'!
 %   I'd be careful - with an offer like that, you could get a lot of takers!

> Dear Sunil,
>    ....................................................... Have you received
> an expense paid vacation to Hawaii? If so I might start thinking about making
> some noise on the net. Regarding your letter on education for women being a
> negative factor on their marriagability what a bull ? where did you pick this
> up ? Do not forget that even though women might be a financial burden on their
> parents in traditaional marriage set up parents are NOT desperate to palm off
> their daughters to the first guy on the street ? Do you know how much the
> woman's welafare and happiness counts for her parents ? You should talk to
> your parents and families you know about it before making such sweeping
> statements. ... Your letter has initiated interesting reaction on even matters
> such as pre-marital sex which was not even initiated ? Well keep it up.
>                                                    Thanks.
>                                                    Ganpaty.

	I again posted a mail message for me to the net as it relates to a
	current topic.  The reason why ganpaty@ut-ngp does not post articles
	to the net himself is because he is not familiar with postnews and
	he's not comfortable with any particular editor.  Since he's familiar
	with the Mailers, any reply to the above mail can be sent to:
	 ganpaty@ut-ngp.ARPA or {ihnp4,seismo,netword,ut-sally}!ut-ngp!ganpaty

						Sunil Trivedi