[net.women] how do I send mail to Cheryl Stewart?

cramer@kontron.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (07/10/85)

In the last few days I've received several pieces of mail from Cheryl
Stewart, but I haven't been able to send any mail back.  It seems that
"gargoyle" can't identify any user with the id that shows up on the
mail header.  Is this just a software problem, or has Cheryl Stewart
diddled things so that she can say nasty things to me, without worry
of being contradicted?  (I suspect the latter, from her angry, emotional,
and hate-filled mail.)

matt@oddjob.UUCP (Matt Crawford) (07/15/85)

In article <361@kontron.UUCP> cramer@kontron.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:
>In the last few days I've received several pieces of mail from Cheryl
>Stewart, but I haven't been able to send any mail back.
>....  Is this just a software problem, or has Cheryl Stewart
>diddled things so that she can say nasty things to me, without worry
>of being contradicted?  (I suspect the latter, from her angry, emotional,
>and hate-filled mail.)

[Other readers please forgive what ought to be a mail-reply.
 If one person has this problem others may also.]

It just "shows to go ya" how wrong you can be...
Gargoyle routinely screws up uucp mail sent through it by any
local machine, making the return address look as if the user
is actually on gargoyle, not the other machine.  If you compare
the "From:" line on Cheryl's postings to the "Path:" you can see
that something is amiss.  Deleting the host "gargoyle" from your
address should make it work.  Be careful though:  if she said
something nasty, I'm sure you had it coming to you.  You had better
see to your armament if you want to get into a battle of wits
with Cheryl!
Matt		University	crawford@anl-mcs.arpa
Crawford	of Chicago	ihnp4!oddjob!matt

regard@ttidcc.UUCP (Adrienne Regard) (07/16/85)

>In the last few days I've received several pieces of mail from Cheryl
>Stewart, but I haven't been able to send any mail back.  It seems that
>"gargoyle" can't identify any user with the id that shows up on the
>mail header.  Is this just a software problem, or has Cheryl Stewart
>diddled things so that she can say nasty things to me, without worry
>of being contradicted?  (I suspect the latter, from her angry, emotional,
>and hate-filled mail.)

Yeah!  I've been wanting to send mail, too -- congratulations notes for
her excellent, right on postings.  She may be angry, and she may be
emotional, but I doubt she's a hate-filled person.  Rather, she's got
her eyes open to some of the nasty foibles of people in this world.
Makes me angry and emotional sometimes, too.  RAH RAH CHERYL