[net.women] women

andrew@psddevl.UUCP (andrew) (12/01/83)

Are ther any women out there ?

muffy@lll-crg.ARPA (Muffy Barkocy) (07/26/85)

I believe "aargh" is the appropriate phrase here.  It is
getting really really annoying to see a singular female
person referred to as "a women."  "Women" is the plural,
"woman" is the singular.

As for toher things, I forget who said it, but someone
commented on something I had noticed but not brought up.
That was the fact that everyone is now complaining about
stores not being open late, when this situation is
changing.  Why is it that so often people seem to suddenly
take notice of a problem and complain about it (and maybe
even try to fix it) when it is being fixed, but not before?
This is not true all the time, but it seems to be fairly
common.  I've experienced the same sort of thing at other
times....for example, I start to make my bed and find myself
cleaning the whole house.  Is it just that starting work
on something is harder than continuing work on it?

				  Muffy

oliver@unc.UUCP (Bill Oliver) (07/27/85)

In article <lll-crg.730> muffy@lll-crg.ARPA (Muffy Barkocy) writes:
>I believe "aargh" is the appropriate phrase here.  It is
>getting really really annoying to see a singular female
>person referred to as "a women."  "Women" is the plural,
>"woman" is the singular.
>
>As for toher things ...
>				  Muffy

Alas, I will admit to being a dismal typist and abominable proofreader.
But at least I'm not alone.  :-)

Bill Oliver