[net.women] PMS & transexuals

sunny@sun.uucp (Ms. Sunny Kirsten) (08/10/85)

I believe you're confusing the physical effects of cramps of the
uterus, about which your questions are relevant, with the
mental, emotional, and psychological effects resulting from the
monthly changes in levels of hormones.

--
{ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4}!sun!sunny (Ms. Sunny Kirsten)

greenber@timeinc.UUCP (Ross M. Greenberg) (08/12/85)

In article <2599@sun.uucp> sunny@sun.uucp (Ms. Sunny Kirsten) writes:
>I believe you're confusing the physical effects of cramps of the
>uterus, about which your questions are relevant, with the
>mental, emotional, and psychological effects resulting from the
>monthly changes in levels of hormones.

You might have misunderstood the referenced article, Sunny.
I *think* the point was whether or not a transsexual could menstruate,
and whether menstruation is the factor to consider.

Since I'm not a transsexual (last time I checked) this may not be
valid, but I feel that the symptoms that we've been discussing are due
to the varibility of the hormones, which are regulated in a
transsexual, and are not naturally produced.  Therefore, in a transexual,
the mental, emotional and psychological would not be "natural".

Ross M. Greenberg  @ Time Inc, New York
              --------->{vax135 | ihnp4}!timeinc!greenber<---------

I highly doubt that Time Inc.  would make me their spokesperson.
----
"I had a cat. She died. Had a goldfish. Died. Guppies. Died.
  Gerbils. Died. Tippy. Died." - little girl
"Alright! So I don't like small animals!" - Mr. Death