[net.women] net.{men, women}.only

features@ihuxf.UUCP (aMAZon) (08/26/85)

> >net.women.only did not collapse under its own contradictions!  It
> >was flat-out abandoned because it didn't work.  I did not see one
> >vote for net.women.only in the recent poll  prior to its demise.
> >Where do you think all of those women went?  Into the woodwork?
> >

> No. Into their own mailing list, where the nasty world won't bite.
> The reason that net.women.only didn't work (in my opinion) was
> that it was a public admission of women seeking special privs.
> So it wasn't posted to very frequently.  So the mailing list was
> built.

Ross's arguments here re: net.women, net.women.only, the feminist
mailing list, and the (non-existent) net.men.only are surprisingly
reminiscent of the same kind of thinking that goes on in
net.religion, net.religion.christian, and the Christian mailing
list.

How tolerant we all are of others' beliefs!
--

aMAZon @ AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, IL; ihnp4!ihuxf!features

greenber@timeinc.UUCP (Ross M. Greenberg) (08/27/85)

In article <2676@ihuxf.UUCP> features@ihuxf.UUCP (aMAZon) writes:
(Quoting me):

>> The reason that net.women.only didn't work (in my opinion) was
>> that it was a public admission of women seeking special privs.
>> So it wasn't posted to very frequently.  So the mailing list was
>> built.
>>

>Ross's arguments here re: net.women, net.women.only, the feminist
>mailing list, and the (non-existent) net.men.only are surprisingly
>reminiscent of the same kind of thinking that goes on in
>net.religion, net.religion.christian, and the Christian mailing
>list.

Not an argument.  Just an opinion.  Now, are you attempting to call
my opinions a religious belief? (I don't read the religious groups)
I figure that religion is based on a set of beliefs that the believer
holds true above all else.  This isn't the case with the above:
I believe the above to be true. I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

If it is not, then *prove* it to me.

If you disagree with my opinion, state why that is so.  But by
trying to ridicule it (comparing my beliefs to a religion! Harumpf!)
aren't you guilty of what you accuse me of?

>How tolerant we all are of others' beliefs!

Intolerance -- (in-tol-er-ance)n., others refusing to take your word for it.
:-)

Ross M. Greenberg  @ Time Inc, New York
              --------->{vax135 | ihnp4}!timeinc!greenber<---------

I highly doubt that Time Inc.  would make me their spokesperson.
---
"You must never run from something immortal. It attracts their attention."
	  -- The Last Unicorn