[net.women] net.sexist.attitudes

mccolm@ucla-cs.UUCP (08/29/85)

In article <40@csi> rburns@csi (Randall Burns) writes:

>net.women.only already exists for the purpose Karla described. If she doesn't
> like it, she should considers started a moderated newsgroup rather than
>browbeat people.

Well, net.women.only is gone, so I heard.  So much for that.  And part of the
idea of a women's newsgroup/forum is that it *not* be moderated.

>I think Lori & Karla's  remarks smack of sexism & seperatism.

Separatism is a perfectly valid philosophy.  I don't happen to agree with it,
but my objections are based solely on *personal* reasons.  The more time
goes on, the more I agree with the separatist ethos (objectively speaking).

But I don't think Lori and Karla espouse this philosophy.  And the
implications of the quoted posting are not kind.

[This posting is an attempt to dominate the net, but at least I'm honest
about it. :-) ]
--fini--

Eric McColm
UCLA (oo' - kluh) Funny Farm for the Criminally Harmless
UUCP:  ...!{ihnp4,trwspp,cepu,ucbvax,sdcrdcf}!ucla-cs!mccolm
ARPA:  mccolm@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
Quotes on the Nature of Existence:
   "To be, or not to be..."    -Hamlet  (Wm. Shakespeare)
   "I think, therefore I am."  -R. Descartes
   "<Gleep!>"                  -Gleep   (Robt. Asprin)