[net.women] Pornography and Censorship, a woman's view + my view

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (09/18/85)

Subject: Re: Pornography and Censorship, a woman's view

> What I'd like to see, is an increase in awareness among the
> people in our society that pornography is degrading to women
> and promotes sexist attitudes, is exploitive of women, etc.,
> so that individuals in our society no longer condone
> pornography.  It is the change in attitudes that is
> important.

Did it ever occur to you that pornography can also be degrading to men?

Only a sub-class of pornography is more degrading to women than it is to men.

  Farzin Mokhtarian

"I conclude, therefore, with regard to being feared and loved, that men love
 at their own free will, but fear at the will of the prince."