[net.women] a new question

ginger@ssc-vax.UUCP (Ginger Grover) (09/27/85)

******

Looks to me as though, like abortion, the pornography debate
has the potential to go on forever,.  Maybe someone ought to
create a net.porno for it further discussion.

=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-

New question:  what makes *you* FEEL most feminine or masculine,
however you define those terms? (I am NOT asking for logical
definitions!  Logic gets in the way of reality  [How's that
for "feminine" reasoning?]. :-) )

I'll start.  Bubble-baths and slinkly lingerie make me feel
especially feminine.  So does brousing at a perfume counter,
and playing with makeup (Some might say I ought to get
*serious* about makeup, but that's another discussion :-) )
Also, wearing a full, long skirt that rustles and swishes at
the slightest movement.  Awareness of my fertility cycle.
Laughing or crying for no earthly reason, but just because
that's the way I feel.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.  I would be very
interested to know what youall associate with awareness of your
sexuality.  It seems like a good, positive way to learn about
how the other half feels, could possibly be very enlightening,
and perhaps a more constructive use of this forum.  Please,
please do not let this new subject degenerate into another
bonfire as so often happens here.

--

   		           Ginger
		ihnp4!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ginger

       ="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="=
          I am the spinner, the weaver of mysteries.
	  I stitch together the patterns of time;
	  I weave the seasons one into another;
	  I spin out the web of the world's design.
       ="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="=

cheryl@lasspvax.UUCP (Cheryl Stewart) (09/30/85)

In article <248@ssc-vax.UUCP> ginger@ssc-vax.UUCP (Ginger Grover) writes:

>I'll start.  Bubble-baths and slinkly lingerie make me feel
>especially feminine.  So does brousing at a perfume counter,
>and playing with makeup (Some might say I ought to get
>*serious* about makeup, but that's another discussion :-) )
>Also, wearing a full, long skirt that rustles and swishes at
>the slightest movement.  Awareness of my fertility cycle.
>Laughing or crying for no earthly reason, but just because
>that's the way I feel.

I feel feminine when half a dozen men are chasing me
despite the fact that I don't wear makeup, or any of
that stuff.  I don't understand it.  I really can't
handle more than two or three at a time.  And they always
get so HURT and whiney and difficult.  Men are so
emotional.  It's really absurd.

I feel feminine when this one ... oh, rats.  Don't
want to get censored by the net.thought-police.

>   		           Ginger

             --Spice

hxe@rayssd.UUCP (Heather Emanuel) (10/03/85)

> New question:  what makes *you* FEEL most feminine or masculine,
> however you define those terms? (I am NOT asking for logical
> definitions!  Logic gets in the way of reality  [How's that
> for "feminine" reasoning?]. :-) )

Good question!  What makes me feel particularly "womanish"?

Wearing 'dress-up' dresses as opposed to normal skirts and/or
suits.  Things that swish or cling.  Wearing perfume and jewelry
and makeup all at the same time, but only if I'm in a sort of
'seductive' mood (not that that means I'm on the prowl; it's more
of an internal awareness of my feminine aura).  Actually, I think
I wear those things as a *reaction* to feeling especially "female"
that day, not to *make* me feel especially female.  If I'm not
already feeling that way, no clothes will do it.

Cuddling and talking right after sex.

And I can tell you that, with me, it's very predictable and very
dependent on my cycle.  The older I get, the more it seems I'm aware
of and in touch with every phase of my rhythms.  I would say more
about reactions to certain phases, but that's another subject and
certainly one I'm too shy to discuss in front of everyone in the
world!  Maybe if we had net.women.only.......

--
--Heather Emanuel {allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, raybed2} rayssd!hxe
   I don't think my company *has* an opinion, so the ones in this

susan@madvax.UUCP (Susan Finkelman) (10/03/85)

> New question:  what makes *you* FEEL most feminine or masculine,
> however you define those terms? (I am NOT asking for logical
> definitions!  Logic gets in the way of reality  [How's that
> for "feminine" reasoning?]. :-) )

What makes me feel feminine?
Gossip.  Talking about human circumstances & human problems in a
non-scientific, non-business way.  Time out with my neighbors to
chat about the neighborhood schools and what's going on on our street.
There are a few men I know who gossip too - but it doesn't take
away the feeling that it's something women do.

  Susan Finkelman
	{zehntel,amd,fortune,resonex,rtech}!varian!susan

ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) (10/04/85)

> I feel feminine when half a dozen men are chasing me
> despite the fact that I don't wear makeup, or any of
> that stuff.  I don't understand it.  I really can't
> handle more than two or three at a time.  And they always
> get so HURT and whiney and difficult.  Men are so
> emotional.  It's really absurd.
>
> I feel feminine when this one ... oh, rats.  Don't
> want to get censored by the net.thought-police.
>

> >   		           Ginger

I'll bet you feel extremely feminine when standing at the docks in San Diego
anticipating the arrival of that air craft carrier with ALL THOSES SAILORS.

Should I include a smiley face here?  Naa.