[net.women] all those sailors

ginger@ssc-vax.UUCP (Ginger Grover) (10/08/85)

From: ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank)

>> I feel feminine when half a dozen men are chasing me
>> despite the fact that I don't wear makeup, or any of
>> that stuff.  I don't understand it.  I really can't
>> handle more than two or three at a time.  And they always
>> get so HURT and whiney and difficult.  Men are so
>> emotional.  It's really absurd.
>>
>> I feel feminine when this one ... oh, rats.  Don't
>> want to get censored by the net.thought-police.
>>

>> >   		           Ginger
>
>I'll bet you feel extremely feminine when standing at the docks in San Diego
>anticipating the arrival of that air craft carrier with ALL THOSES SAILORS.
>
>Should I include a smiley face here?  Naa.

Just to set the record straight, Ray, I did post the original
feminity/masculinity question.  However, I cannot take credit
for the above excerpted response - you got the signatures mixed
up, dear boy.  Nor have I ever been to San Diego, or waited on
docks for sailors.  I prefer to recline on the divan in my
boudoir eating bon-bons while they parade by in the nude; I
simply point at the acceptable ones, which are then removed to
the stable for further processing (usually dipped in milk
chocolate and rolled in chopped almonds).

		Ginger "peel me a grape" Grover
		ihnp4!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ginger

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Many men fear that women will make fools of them.  This is not
true.  Women do not make fools of men.  They simply supply them
with the opportunities to realize their natural capacities."

			-Ashley Montague in his book
			"The Natural Superiority of Women"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So there.

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (Farzin Mokhtarian) (10/08/85)

Subject: Re: all those sailors

> 		Ginger "peel me a grape" Grover
>		ihnp4!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ginger

> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> "Many men fear that women will make fools of them.  This is not
> true.  Women do not make fools of men.  They simply supply them
> with the opportunities to realize their natural capacities."

>			-Ashley Montague in his book
>			"The Natural Superiority of Women"
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Must be a very insecure man or woman who tries to prove his or her group's
"superiority" over others.

> So there.

So where?

     Farzin Mokhtarian

"You can be just like a mechanical Doll
 and view your world with two glass eyes."

cheryl@lasspvax.UUCP (Cheryl Stewart) (10/09/85)

In article <267@ssc-vax.UUCP> ginger@ssc-vax.UUCP (Ginger Grover) writes:
>*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***
>
>From: ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank)
>

>>> I feel feminine when half a dozen men are chasing me
>>> despite the fact that I don't wear makeup, or any of
>>> that stuff.  I don't understand it.  I really can't
>>> handle more than two or three at a time.  And they always
>>> get so HURT and whiney and difficult.  Men are so
>>> emotional.  It's really absurd.
>>>
>>> I feel feminine when this one ... oh, rats.  Don't
>>> want to get censored by the net.thought-police.

Frankie say:
>>I'll bet you feel extremely feminine when standing at the docks in San Diego
>>anticipating the arrival of that air craft carrier with ALL THOSES SAILORS.

Ginger responds (and rightfully so):
>Just to set the record straight, Ray, I did post the original
>feminity/masculinity question.  However, I cannot take credit
>for the above excerpted response - you got the signatures mixed
>up, dear boy.  Nor have I ever been to San Diego, or waited on...
>		Ginger "peel me a grape" Grover
>		ihnp4!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ginger

To set the record even straighter, my comments (the stuff Frankie
falsely attributed to Ginger) were completely sarcastic.  I agree
with Ginger in that the male intellectual and emotional awareness
is often beneath contempt (e.g. Ray Frank). I disagree with Ginger's
limitation of femininity/masculinity to mere sexual posturing.  There's
much more to life than that.  Furthermore, it is difficult enough to keep
men in their place WITHOUT gratuitous sexual posturing.  Personally,
I don't feel very feminine when I have to tell some horse's ass man
that he's wasting his time chasing me, and that why doesn't he grow
up and realize that people have brains and souls as well as sex organs.
Ever read "The Games People Play", Ginger?
Start with the chapter entitled "RAPO".

                Spice

ginger@ssc-vax.UUCP (Ginger Grover) (10/10/85)

> From: cheryl@lasspvax.UUCP (Cheryl Stewart)

> I agree with Ginger in that the male intellectual and emotional awareness
> is often beneath contempt (e.g. Ray Frank). I disagree with Ginger's
> limitation of femininity/masculinity to mere sexual posturing.

This is unreal; last week I posted a simple question, and this week I'm
defending myself from statements I never made.  My response to Ray Frank
was meant to sting a bit, but it was mainly supposed to be *amusing*, as
was the quote from Ashley Montague.  I'm sure Mr. Montague was not making
a statement of fact, but exaggerating to make a point.  Lighten up, will
you? I don't think Mr. Frank is "beneath contempt" he's just inadequately
socialized, an afflication not restricted to men only.

[To Ray Frank:  My apologies if I am incorrect about your degree of
socialization.  It occurs to me that you may simply be a Virgo, and
for that there is no cure.  Better luck next incarnation.  :-) ]

> it is difficult enough to keep men in their place WITHOUT gratuitous
> sexual posturing

The only ones doing any "sexual posturing" are the guys parading past
my divan, and as for keeping them "in their place", what do you think
the stable is for?  :-)

Come on, people - it is NOT NECESSARY for every discussion to degenerate
this way.  The masculine/feminine question was an attempt to initiate
a positive exchange and perhaps find out that there are a lot fewer
differences between men and women than is superficially apparent.

					    Sheesh!

					    Ginger
				ihnp4!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ginger

ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) (10/13/85)

> To set the record even straighter, my comments (the stuff Frankie
> falsely attributed to Ginger) were completely sarcastic.  I agree
> with Ginger in that the male intellectual and emotional awareness
> is often beneath contempt (e.g. Ray Frank). I disagree with Ginger's
> limitation of femininity/masculinity to mere sexual posturing.  There's
> much more to life than that.  Furthermore, it is difficult enough to keep
> men in their place WITHOUT gratuitous sexual posturing.  Personally,
> I don't feel very feminine when I have to tell some horse's ass man
> that he's wasting his time chasing me, and that why doesn't he grow
> up and realize that people have brains and souls as well as sex organs.
> Ever read "The Games People Play", Ginger?
> Start with the chapter entitled "RAPO".
>
>                 Spice

Spicy fer sherrr!

I already apologized to the net about my off color humor, which by the way
was first told to me by Joan Rivers on the Carson show.  Yes that's right,
a women told that joke to millions of viewers about another women.  What's
this world coming to?

Remember, we men chase you women till you women catch us.  Uh oh, I broke a
cardinal rule, now you know our secret.

p.s.  Isn't there even one man whom you've met that you could'nt apply
your colorful adjectives to?  C'mon, must be one good one out there.

ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) (10/14/85)

> Lighten up, will
> you? I don't think Mr. Frank is "beneath contempt" he's just inadequately
> socialized, an afflication not restricted to men only.
>
> [To Ray Frank:  My apologies if I am incorrect about your degree of
> socialization.  It occurs to me that you may simply be a Virgo, and
> for that there is no cure.  Better luck next incarnation.  :-) ]
>
> 					    Sheesh!
>
> 					    Ginger
> 				ihnp4!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ginger

Perhaps you should apologize if I actually am indadequately socialized.  Would
not that be like calling a fat person fat or a thin person skinny.

All I can say at this point is that so
All I can think to say at this point is:  All you indignent hypocrites lighten
up will you, your true colors are showing.

By the way I'm an Aquarius, not that I believe in such dribble.

jj@alice.UUCP (10/15/85)

Cheryl Stewart says ". ...  trouble enough keeping men in their
places ... ."

Somehow, I think I'm offended.  It's been one of my peeves
how some individuals want to keep {women,boys,blacks,hispanics,amerinds,etc}
in their places.  Why should 'men' keep to their places?  Why should
I not be allowed to be unhappy, why should I have to 'compete',
etc, etc...

We're ALL in this one together, people, let's just cut out this
keeping of anyone in their places, and lets (instead) let the
individual decide what they'd like to be.  (Of course,
respecting the rights of others is REQUIRED, as well...)
--
SUPPORT SECULAR TEDDY-BEAR-ISM.
"... who stole the keeshka, someone call the cops!"

(ihnp4/allegra)!alice!jj

bing@galbp.UUCP (Bing Bang) (10/18/85)

In article <> jj@alice.UUCP writes:

>Cheryl Stewart says ". ...  trouble enough keeping men in their
>places ... ."
>
>We're ALL in this one together, people, let's just cut out this
>keeping of anyone in their places, and lets (instead) let the
>individual decide what they'd like to be...

would one of you young ladies give me a place?
i promise i'll stay in it...

--
"Break but never bend"

...akgua!galbp!bing