[net.women] re ladies night ban

ganns@hound.UUCP (R.GANNS) (10/23/85)

This is yet another example of government meddling in every last
detail of our lives; perhaps this is another attempt to compensate for its
inability to solve REAL problems, such as pollution, poor quality
education, violent crime, irresponsibility and corruption in government, etc.

hollombe@ttidcc.UUCP (The Polymath) (10/26/85)

In article <1436@hound.UUCP> ganns@hound.UUCP (R.GANNS) writes:
>This is yet another example of government meddling in every last
>detail of our lives; perhaps this is another attempt to compensate for its
>inability to solve REAL problems, such as pollution, poor quality
>education, violent crime, irresponsibility and corruption in government, etc.

Note that the government didn't  begin  to  meddle  until  the  matter  was
brought to its attention by a lawsuit on the part of a citizen's group (who
obviously thought some meddling was in order).

Further discussion along this line probably belongs in net.politics  (which
I don't read).

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe)
Citicorp(+)TTI                    Common Sense is what tells you that a ten
3100 Ocean Park Blvd.             pound weight falls ten times as fast as a
Santa Monica, CA  90405           one pound weight.
(213) 450-9111, ext. 2483
{philabs,randvax,trwrb,vortex}!ttidca!ttidcc!hollombe

muth@amdahl.UUCP (John A. Muth) (10/26/85)

> This is yet another example of government meddling in every last
> detail of our lives; perhaps this is another attempt to compensate for its
> inability to solve REAL problems, such as pollution, poor quality
> education, violent crime, irresponsibility and corruption in government, etc.

Sorry. Not even close.

If you lived in California for any length of time, you would just
come to expect this sort of thing from the State Supreme Court.
Every few years they get bored so they come down with an absolutely
ridiculous ruling to keep us on our toes :-).
--
John A. Muth           ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,sun,nsc}!amdahl!muth