[net.women] proposed new corporate uniform

ganns@hound.UUCP (R.GANNS) (10/29/85)

    Hey, I've got it! Since the corporate culture is loath to
dispense with its inane uniforms, why not just alter the standard
a bit and require BOTH women AND men to wear:

                 1. neckties
                 2. high-heeled shoes
                 3. vests and suit coats
                 4. skirts
                 5. boxer shorts over pantyhose

Like, talk about uni-sex! ...and it would end any acrimonious
debate about who has to put up with the more uncomfortable,
unhealthy, and ridiculous uniform!

                           Rich hound!ganns

fsks@unc.UUCP (Frank Silbermann) (11/02/85)

In article <1446@hound.UUCP> ganns@hound.UUCP (R.GANNS) writes:

>    Hey, I've got it! Since the corporate culture is loath to
> dispense with its inane uniforms, why not just alter the standard
> a bit and require BOTH women AND men to wear:
>                 1. neckties
>                 2. high-heeled shoes
>                 3. vests and suit coats
>                 4. skirts
>                 5. boxer shorts over pantyhose
> Like, talk about uni-sex! ...and it would end any acrimonious
> debate about who has to put up with the more uncomfortable,
> unhealthy, and ridiculous uniform!

When I was in Jr. High School, the dress code required girls
to wear either dresses or skirts.  Slacks and shorts were not
tolerated.  I often wondered why the administration thought it
so necessary that the girls occasionally show their underpants
(the natural result of dressing in such a manner).

Mind you, I certainly was not complaining.  However, I DID notice
the inconsistancy of the administration's position.  In most other
decisions they seemed quite puritanical.

	Frank Silbermann