[net.women] PMS / Thyroid

fred@mot.UUCP (Fred Christiansen) (12/09/85)

> >can I say?)   ... My point is:  what can we (they) do about it?
> >Any suggestions as to medicines (OTC or ?) will be appreciated.

my wife has found OptiVite beneficial in relieving PMS symptoms.
(i understand some practitioners prefer prescribing hormones, but my
wife won't touch that stuff.)  several local pharmacies carry OptiVite.
we have obtained it at better prices thru mail-order.  i can supply
an address via e-mail if anyone wants.

having a more cheery wife for those 2 weeks in the month makes
the vits worthwhile for us.
--
<< Generic disclaimer >>
Fred Christiansen ("Canajun, eh?") @ Motorola Microsystems, Tempe, AZ

pamp@bcsaic.UUCP (pam pincha) (12/11/85)

In article <473@mot.UUCP> fred@mot.UUCP (Fred Christiansen) writes:
>> >can I say?)   ... My point is:  what can we (they) do about it?
>> >Any suggestions as to medicines (OTC or ?) will be appreciated.
>
>my wife has found OptiVite beneficial in relieving PMS symptoms.
>(i understand some practitioners prefer prescribing hormones, but my

	It's not just a matter of preference -- some of us don't
	respond to just vitamin therapy. Further it is not totally
	known which vitamins , when and why are effective.  Also
	I personally have found that the hormones help get the
	system get back to something more normal, that just taking
	vitamins didn't do.  Treatment for this problem is definitely
	multi-leveled and varies tremendously from person to person.
	Bottomline is -- DON'T SELF-DIAGNOSIS!!! GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!
	(The problem is that not just any doctor will do. You have
	to find one with more than just the most cursory knowledge of
	this problem.)

>wife won't touch that stuff.)  several local pharmacies carry OptiVite.
>we have obtained it at better prices thru mail-order.  i can supply
>an address via e-mail if anyone wants.

P.M.Pincha-Wagener