[net.women] Lethal embolisms

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicious Oyster) (12/11/85)

In article <1366@teklds.UUCP> hankb@teklds.UUCP (Hank Buurman) writes:
>In article <948@osu-eddie.UUCP> mdf@osu-eddie.UUCP (Mark D. Freeman) writes:
>
>>Lethal embolism from blowing into a woman's vagina?!
>
>>If there was even a one in one thousand chance of this occurring, I am sure
>>that the tens of thousands of women dying in bed during oral sex would make
>>headlines around the world.
>
>Believe it! This is no joke, but an extremely dangerous practice (well
>documented). I know personally of one case resulting in quick death.

   At the risk of being flamed by the prudish---

   If this is such a dangerous thing, how about some cold hard facts, such as
*exactly* what is involved, death statistics, etc.  I have read (:-) that
often during sexual intercourse air is pushed by the penis into the vagina;
this air is subsequently, um, "vented" by the female, with no harm to
her physical being (although, depending on the couple (or more, if you wish)
involved, it could lead to embarassment and/or fits of giggling).  Keeping
things like this in mind, just what *are* the conditions necessary for
"lethal embolism" to occur?