[net.women] Lethal embolisms [caused by blowing into vagina] Help, Craig!

hollombe@ttidcc.UUCP (The Polymath) (12/16/85)

In article <1785@uwmacc.UUCP> oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicious Oyster) writes:
>   If this is such a dangerous thing, how about some cold hard facts, such as
>*exactly* what is involved, death statistics, etc.  I have read (:-) that
>often during sexual intercourse air is pushed by the penis into the vagina;
>this air is subsequently, um, "vented" by the female, with no harm to
>her physical being (although, depending on the couple (or more, if you wish)
>involved, it could lead to embarassment and/or fits of giggling).  Keeping
>things like this in mind, just what *are* the conditions necessary for
>"lethal embolism" to occur?

I triggered this discussion some time ago, but I confess it's  gone  beyond
my  expertise.  Perhaps  Craig  Werner  would  be  willing  to research and
present the medical facts?

Thanks.

The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe)
Citicorp(+)TTI
3100 Ocean Park Blvd.             Geniuses are people so lazy they
Santa Monica, CA  90405           do everything right the first time.
(213) 450-9111, ext. 2483
{philabs,randvax,trwrb,vortex}!ttidca!ttidcc!hollombe