[net.women] follow anywhere?

whitehur@tymix.UUCP (Pamela K. Whitehurst) (01/31/86)

In article <51@oucs.UUCP> tim@oucs.UUCP (Tim Thompson) writes:
>In my own marriage, my wife and I try to share *everything* as equally as
>possible. We will be moving after I gradute this spring to who knows where,
>and we will be going there *together*. We discussed this in-depth *BEFORE*
>we got married, and if we could not have worked it out, we would not have
>got married. By the way, the reason we reached this decision is because
>my field of endeavor pays quite a bit more than her chosen field.
>However, if the opposite was true, I would have given up my career and
>followed her wherever she went. I guess that's what love is all about.

Do you base where you will be living solely on where you can receive the
highest salery?  Would you accept a job in an area where your wife could
not find a job in her chosen field?  I hope you answered 'no'. I think it
is a dangerous thing to ask a partner to sacrifice too much, even if they
are willing at the time. Love is about finding a way for both of you to have
a fulfilling life.

| General Disclaimer: The above opinions are my own and |
|             do not necessarily reflect the opinions   |
|             of McDonnell Douglas Corporation.         |

          PKW
hplabs!oliveb!tymix!whitehur