[net.women] On going to the moon

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (Farzin Mokhtarian) (01/21/86)

>> "If we can send a man to the moon, why can't we send all of them ?"

> I think we can.  Let's get a government grant and do it.
                                         [Cheryl Stewart]

No matter how much you might have achieved, you must be a very unhappy person
to say this. More unhappy than mean.
					                                                Farzin Mokhtarian
"Why do you always keep me at the bottom of the ocean?"

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (Farzin Mokhtarian) (01/25/86)

I said:
>> No matter how much you might have achieved, you must be a very unhappy person
>> to say this. More unhappy than mean.

>	Since that's my signature line being quoted, I guess I should reply
> (and e-mail didn't work) -
>		"IT'S A JOKE, DAMMIT !!!"

> (besides, I *like* men. They may not be good for much, but they have a certain
> ornamental value :-)  ( <- note the smiley face, this is a joke too, get it ?)
> jcpatilla

I was aware that "it's a joke" when I made my first comment.

   Farzin Mokhtarian

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (02/02/86)

Subject: Re: On going to the moon

>>> I think we can.  Let's get a government grant and do it.

>> No matter how much you might have achieved, you must be a very unhappy person
>> to say this. More unhappy than mean.  (I said this)

> And you have no sense of humor. In case you're not aware of it, this
> is net.WOMEN. This is not net.jokes. If the women here want to make
> fun of men once in a while, I think that is their right. Besides, it
> was a funny quote.      [ Phil Ngai ]

Nobody has a "right" to make sexist jokes (men or women, net.women or elsewhere)
and reverse sexism doesn't fix anything.
I didn't think it was a funny quote and I have no problem with that. I guess
I have no sense of humor for *this kind* of joke.

   Farzin Mokhtarian