[net.women] Who initiates an encounter - was Re: Beach harassment

cs111olg@ucla-cs.UUCP (02/09/86)

In article <902@dataioDataio.UUCP> bright@dataio.UUCP (Walter Bright writes:

>Well, from the male's point of view, if you hang around waiting for
>a woman to initiate a relationship with you, you are in for being very
>lonely. The only way I have found that works is to be very aggressive
>at meeting women, and being persistent. I am not aggressive by nature,

Well, of the last 6 significant relationships all six were either partially
(and very actively) or fully initiated by women. And it wasn't my sparkling
personality (mine is rotten) or my charm (I have none) or my sex appeal
(I have very little) or my great looks (I doubt even a few million dollars will
make me a male "10")... THe women in question were all very intelligent and
were the type of women I'd have liked to meet anyway...

Life is not THAT bad!

P.S. Eric McColm can confirm my description of myself, I bet his oppinion of me
is even worse than mine of him! ;-)
--
                                                Oleg Kiselev

weemba@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Matthew P. Wiener) (02/11/86)

>Well, of the last 6 significant relationships all six were either partially
>(and very actively) or fully initiated by women. And it wasn't my sparkling
>personality (mine is rotten) or my charm (I have none) or my sex appeal
>(I have very little) or my great looks (I doubt even a few million dollars will
>make me a male "10")... THe women in question were all very intelligent and
>were the type of women I'd have liked to meet anyway...
>
>Life is not THAT bad!
>
>P.S. Eric McColm can confirm my description of myself, I bet his oppinion of me
>is even worse than mine of him! ;-)
>--
>						Oleg Kiselev

What DO you do, lick your eyebrows or something?  :-)

ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720

cs111olg@ucla-cs.UUCP (02/13/86)

In article <11794@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> weemba@brahms.UUCP (Matthew P. Wiener) writes:
>What DO you do, lick your eyebrows or something?  :-)

As a matter of fact... no! I just treat women like I treat all other people
and am interested in them as people in general and individuals in particular,
not as sex objects. And if I have a sexual interest -- I make it unambiguously
known. That usually removes a lot of strain out of a relationship.

BTW, from this point on this discussion seems to lead to net.singles follow-ups
so if anyone wants to take initiative.... ( I don't read net.singles so am
not setting follow-up to go there -- I like reading flames!).

DISCLAMER: The opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of UCLA
or it's emloyees and faculty. The might not even  be mine for all I know...