[net.music] Worst Song of All Time...

jtm@syteka.UUCP (Jim McCrae) (03/11/85)

... has got to be Captain Kirk of Star Trek fame doing "Lucy in
the Sky with Diamonds". If this doesn't bust your gut, you need
a tune-up.
Jim McCrae / Sytek / Mtn. View CA / {hplabs,decvax}!sytek!jtm

Fournier.pasa@XEROX.ARPA (03/14/85)

We are the chorus, and we agree, we agree, we agree.  But have you heard
any of the Leonard Nimoy albums?  Got them during the first run of the
show (as soon as they came out), and while some cuts are quite good, a
few were quite dreadful, musically.  It's been so long since I've
listened to them that I can't remember any particulars, but I'll review
them tonight and pass along any too-dreadful-for-words selections.
					Marina Fournier
					XSIS Pasadena

dr37@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Joanna Bryson) (03/14/85)

>has got to be Captain Kirk of Star Trek fame doing "Lucy in the Sky.."

{sorry, I don't actually know how to quote articles}

that's funny, I was just thinking of suggesting Leonard Nimoy's "Once I Smiled"
from THE TWO SIDES OF LEONARD NIMOY, side Spock.  But the problem is, "worst
songs" are usually accepted as meaning "biggest disapointment" or "songs that
don't deserve the bands reputation".  This is why our British Invasion fan
friend nominated "Mister Moonlight" (which I've always found amusing for the
melodrama) instead of Herman Hermits' "Oo! She's Done It Again".  So I suppose
bad 60's exploitation albums shouldn't be counted.

"Drumming is My Madness"
Joanna

kenw@lcuxc.UUCP (K Wolman) (03/14/85)

The concept of William Shatner trying to sing is pretty awful,
true.  But I have my own pet hate among many drivel-brained
"songs," to wit "MacArthur Park" as sung by THE ONE, THE ONLY

	RICHARD HARRIS!

Jim Webb should've left this overwrought, pretentious piece of
drek in his round file; and if he had to have it recorded,
Harris couldn't have been a worse choice, except he probably
wasn't sober at the time and didn't know what he was doing.
Non compos mentis and all that bilge. . . .
--
Ken Wolman
Bell Communications Research @ Livingston, NJ

	You can't "read" me because I'm not a book.

6615lp13@sjuvax.UUCP (palena) (03/18/85)

In article <229@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> dr37@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Joanna Bryson) writes:
>>has got to be Captain Kirk of Star Trek fame doing "Lucy in the Sky.."
>
>{sorry, I don't actually know how to quote articles}
>
>that's funny, I was just thinking of suggesting Leonard Nimoy's "Once I Smiled"
>from THE TWO SIDES OF LEONARD NIMOY, side Spock.  But the problem is, "worst
>songs" are usually accepted as meaning "biggest disapointment" or "songs that
>don't deserve the bands reputation".  This is why our British Invasion fan
>friend nominated "Mister Moonlight" (which I've always found amusing for the
>melodrama) instead of Herman Hermits' "Oo! She's Done It Again".  So I suppose
>bad 60's exploitation albums shouldn't be counted.
>
>"Drumming is My Madness"
>Joanna

    Is this serious? Star Trek stars actually made record albums?

                                                Larry Palena
                                     St. Joseph's University
              {allegra|astrovax|bpa|burdvax}!sjuvax!6615lp13