[net.women] Bigotry -- a tongue-in-cheek view of bigots

rcj@burl.UUCP (Curtis Jackson) (02/15/86)

In article <593@ihlpl.UUCP> brandx@ihlpl.UUCP (H. D. Weisberg) writes:
>You have a lot of nerve calling people "foreigners" and saying that they
>must not understand "US Americans" (whatever that means).

Good reply, Howard!  Below is something I heard on our "Morning Zoo"
station a long while back that should describe what Ray means by
"US Americans" and will (I hope) be of general interest to net.women readers:
----------------------
Blacks, Hispanics, Orientals, Indians, Jews, Catholics, Mormons,
Pollacks, Hungarians, people who look like Hungarians.......

We hate them all -- we're America's Bigots.  We know that the Constitution
of the United States guarantees freedom from discrimination to everyone,
but after all, the Constitution was written a couple of hundred years ago
by a bunch of Colonial homos.  And you know we don't like homos.

Chances are we don't like you, either.  Why?  Because you're, well, a
little different; and that's enough for us.  You see, in today's
marketplace of ideas we are going through the express line with one
item:  stupidity.

America's Bigots, you'll find us everywhere -- under wraps, under
sheets, under-educated.  And since we're too stupid to make our lives
any better, we're going to make yours worse.
A devout Archie Bunker fan,    ;-)
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd mgnetp ]!burl!rcj