[net.women] "Never Guilty, Never Free"

andrews@ubc-cs.UUCP (Jamie Andrews) (02/26/86)

In article <3287@sun.uucp> falk@sun.uucp (Ed Falk) writes:
>[re: feminist books]
>"Never Guilty, Never Free" by Ginny Foat.  Ginny Foat was another victim
>of other people's powerplays....
>[long description of Foat's viewpoint of her case]

     For another viewpoint on this book, see an interesting review in one
of last year's _Ms._ magazines (sorry, can't remember the month).  The
reviewer basically says that Foat was trying to convert NOW to her style of
radicalism, and was disappointed at being unsuccessful.  Her book is seen
in the review as an apologia for her own power plays within the feminist
movement.  Foat's thinly veiled accusations (which were not lost on Ed Falk)
are also criticized.  It's clear which side the reviewer is on to begin with,
but she (the reviewer) presents the case fairly persuasively.

--Jamie.
...!ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision!ubc-cs!andrews
"I don't know how you came to get that Bette Davis wheeze"