[net.women] Smarter?

barry@ames.UUCP (Kenn Barry) (03/02/86)

From Ed Falk (sun!falk):
>2) Successful,
>career-oriented women are more intelligent than non-carreer-oriented
>women and can perceive more options in life and are less likely to
>swallow the indoctrination they grew up with.

	I'm not going to flame this excerpt because I've pulled it so
much out of context that I may be distorting the writer's intent, but
I *would* like a clarification. Do you want to let the bit about successful
and career-oriented women being more intelligent than other women stand,
as stated?

-  From the Crow's Nest  -                      Kenn Barry
                                                NASA-Ames Research Center
                                                Moffett Field, CA
 	ELECTRIC AVENUE:	 {ihnp4,vortex,dual,nsc,hao,hplabs}!ames!barry

jeanette@randvax.UUCP (Jeanette Haritan) (03/04/86)

In article <1427@ames.UUCP> barry@ames.UUCP (Kenn Barry) writes:
>From Ed Falk (sun!falk):
>>2) Successful,
>>career-oriented women are more intelligent than non-carreer-oriented
>>women and can perceive more options in life and are less likely to
>>swallow the indoctrination they grew up with.
>
>	I'm not going to flame this excerpt because I've pulled it so
>much out of context that I may be distorting the writer's intent, but
>I *would* like a clarification. Do you want to let the bit about successful
>and career-oriented women being more intelligent than other women stand,
>as stated?

I'm sure you realize 'more intelligent' is not true.  I'm sure you meant
smarter in what they do for a living, i.e. bookwise.

The first statement, in my opinion, is simply not fair.

jlh