[net.women] Women are damned ?

bitter@ttidcc.UUCP (Mark Bitter) (02/26/86)

Jody Patilla:
>... women are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Adrienne Regard:
> ..tried to refuse contact as pleasantly as possible, but she caught flack.
> I think someone else put it well -- damned if you do, damned if you don't.

   Yeah, right on!  Keep those negative thoughts coming!
   No matter what you do, you're gonna get harassed by men.
   If you have this attitude, how can you be 'pleasant as possible' ?

> Does she have to justify her reasons for being alone?

   No.  Where did you get that idea?  Must be from that 'damned' attitude
   of yours.

pamp@bcsaic.UUCP (pam pincha) (03/05/86)

In article <190@ttidcc.UUCP> bitter@ttidcc.UUCP (Mark Bitter) writes:
>Jody Patilla:
>>... women are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
>
>Adrienne Regard:
>> ..tried to refuse contact as pleasantly as possible, but she caught flack.
>> I think someone else put it well -- damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>
>   Yeah, right on!  Keep those negative thoughts coming!
>   No matter what you do, you're gonna get harassed by men.
>   If you have this attitude, how can you be 'pleasant as possible' ?
>
>> Does she have to justify her reasons for being alone?
>
>   No.  Where did you get that idea?  Must be from that 'damned' attitude
>   of yours.

Actually, one can run into these realities and still keep a civil
attitude. It's not THAT difficult.

As for the last comment, that "idea" was from the replies to the
scenerio. Attitude had nothing to do with it. It's the same as
having to justify why one wants to take a drafting class when
everyone knows that drafting is for the boys, art classes are
for the girls....