[net.women] Asking for that first date

ken@birtch.UUCP (Ken B) (03/05/86)

I took the liberty to cross-post this to net.women, so the women
their could see this question.  Please, if I screwed up, don't
flame me too much!

In article <492@ssc-bee.UUCP> fuji@ssc-bee.UUCP (Glen T Fujimori) writes:
>[...]
>
>Re: the discussion on saying or having someone say 'no' to you;
>
>First of all, thanks, Pooh, for bringing up an interesting topic.
>
>[...]
>
>Conversely, if I get turned down the first time, I let it drop right there.
>I am astounded (perhaps naive) that someone would (or could) say 'no' when
>they really mean 'yes'. Would some of the women out there who use this
>technique please explain to the newsgroup the rationale behind it? This is not
	   PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO US CONFUSED MEN!!
	   (I bet the unconfused ones would like to know, too)

>a flame, I would genuinely like to understand; if I could learn to recognize
	  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	    understanding is something I want, also!
>it then I just might ask a second time! :-)
>
>glen fujimori
>ihnp4!uw-beaver!{ssc-vax|ssc-bee}!fuji

Are glen and I alone is this thought? I don't think so. Hopefully their
is a women on the net who uses/has used this 'technique', and will
try to explain it to us! (then again, do we {men} want these kinds
of women on the net? :-) <-- note the smiley face!! -->

If the women on the net do not want to write their why's on the net,
I would be happy to have them e-mail them to me, then, re-post them
without their names/addresses, if they so desire.

Ken Brown
--
	uucp:  ...{!glacier!oliveb,!ihnp4!trwrb} !felix!birtch!ken

These ramblings are my own, and are surely not those of my employer.