[net.women] Why is there a net.women

ma168abq@sdcc7.UUCP (Daniel T. Lau) (03/21/86)

Could someone please tell me the purpose of net.women?
If women just stayed at home and made babies, cooked for their
husbands, and vacuumed the living room, then we wouldn't have
a newsgroup like this cluttering the lines. :-)
(They also use a lot of tissue paper) :-)

Would you like a list of other newsgroups which I find annoying?

Bob D. Letterman
:-) (Cheers until next quarter. NYAH NYAH NYAH Flames can't harm me.
     This account expires today and all flames will be returned)

----------
Rich Rosen and Ken Arndt are my heroes.

"The only good women are the pregnant ones"
--John Smith

wa371@sdcc12.UUCP (Rosemary Sweetman) (03/23/86)

weemba@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Matthew P. Wiener) (03/23/86)

In article <298@sdcc7.UUCP> ma168abq@sdcc7.UUCP (Daniel T. Lau) writes:
>Could someone please tell me the purpose of net.women?
>[asinine flame proof dribble deleted]

Having gone on about how smileys do not make for satire, after reading
the above, I realize that I forgot to mention that smileys do not make
for humor, either.

Proof?  It was cross-posted to net.jokes.  And who puts smiley faces
into net.jokes?

ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720