[net.women] Erotic Publications

cm@unc.UUCP (Chuck Mosher) (09/25/86)

In article something-or-other Ellen Leibman writes:
>In article <379@ubc-cs.UUCP> andrews@ubc-cs.UUCP (Jamie Andrews) writes:
>> What people who are
>>against sexist erotica/porn/whatever should be doing, is
>>producing and distributing non-sexist erotica that can take the
>>place of the sexist stuff.
>--Jamie.
>...!seismo!ubc-vision!ubc-cs!andrews
>
>YaH! Here, here!  Why can't this seem to be done?  I have seen a good number
>of magazines start out that way (notably really old FORUM and later LETTERS)
>but they have all seemed to be unable to stay that way.  They end up resorting
>to decidedly male-geared articles, lead stories, cover headlines and all female
>photography.
>Ellen Leibman

I may have recommended this before, but it bears repeating.  "Yellow Silk"
a "Journal of Erotic Arts", is put out by editor Lily Pond of Albany, CA.
Their motto is "All persuasions; no brutality".  It is a collection of short
stories, poems, pictures, and artwork put out 4 times a year.  Much of it
is written by women.  We have really enjoyed it.  It puts the love and eros
back into the literary depiction of sexuality - a pearl among a sea of crudity.

one year (4 issues) $12-$40 (sliding scale - pay what you can)
out of US add $5/surface, $10/air on US money order or check written on US bank
Send orders to:
		YS
		PO Box 6374
		Albany, CA  94706

P.S.  I have no other association with Yellow SIlk, other than being a very
      satisfied customer.

					Life, Love, and Lust!

					Chuck Mosher
					UNC - Chapel Hill