[net.ai] LISP Human Interface Query

benson@csu-cs.UUCP (08/03/84)

I am doing research on what programming tools (online aids) would
be useful on a LISP development workstation. I would appreciate your
input as to what you'd like to see in the way of:

	o   an online language reference

	o   LISP editor

	o   other online aids (environment info, etc)

How dependant are LISP programmers on EMACS-type editors? Do their
customizable features compensate for the lack of mnemonics and the
steep learning curve?

Please send your responses to:

	{ hao, hplabs }!csu-cs!benson .uucp
		       or
	benson@colostate  .csnet
		       or
	413 Greenvale Dr.
	Fort Collins, CO 80525    US MAIL

Subject: LISP Human Interface Query
Newsgroups: net.ai net.lang.lisp

I am doing research on what programming tools (online aids) would
be useful on a LISP development workstation. I would appreciate your
input as to what you'd like to see in the way of:

	o   an online language reference

	o   LISP editor

	o   other online aids (environment info, etc)

How dependant are LISP programmers on EMACS-type editors? Do their
customizable features compensate for the lack of mnemonics and the
steep learning curve?

Please send your responses to:

	{ hao, hplabs }!csu-cs!benson .uucp
		       or