[net.ai] Hofstadter interview

michaelm@bcsaic.UUCP (michael b maxwell) (12/11/85)

Did anyone hear the interview?  It was supposed to be on CBC Tuesday
night 10 Dec., and I didn't get to hear it.  Was it good?  i.e. worth $3
for a transcript...  or did it repeat GEB?
--
Mike Maxwell
Boeing Artificial Intelligence Center

flaps@utcs.uucp (Alan J Rosenthal) (12/20/85)

In article <404@bcsaic.UUCP> michaelm@bcsaic.UUCP (michael b maxwell) writes:
>Did anyone hear the interview?  It was supposed to be on CBC Tuesday
>night 10 Dec., and I didn't get to hear it.  Was it good?  i.e. worth $3
>for a transcript...  or did it repeat GEB?

It was neither.  I didn't listen to all of it, but it was incredibly dry.  I
doubt that there was anything in there of interest to me.

I like GEB a lot, but find it rather verbose at times.

The radio interview was like this but worse.  The ratio of content to time was
surprisingly low.

--
Alan J Rosenthal
{linus|decvax}!utzoo!utcs!flaps, {ihnp4|allegra}!cbosgd!utcs!flaps