[net.ai] Info on UNIX based AI Tools/applications

jeg@ptsfa.UUCP (John Girard) (09/15/86)

[munch, munch]

This is a second request for information on Artificial Intelligence
tools and applications available in the unix environment.

I have gotten a few responses and would like much more!  Anything you
have on:

	Expert System Shells

	Working AI applications (academic and commercial)

Thank you very much...

John Girard
415-449-5745
415-823-1961

[dual, cbosgd, ihnp4, bellcore, qantel]ptsfa!jeg

pamp@bcsaic.UUCP (wagener) (09/18/86)

In article <1657@ptsfa.UUCP> jeg@ptsfa.UUCP (John Girard) writes:
>[munch, munch]
>
>This is a second request for information on Artificial Intelligence
>tools and applications available in the unix environment.
>
>I have gotten a few responses and would like much more!  Anything you
>have on:
>
>	Expert System Shells
>
>	Working AI applications (academic and commercial)
>
>Thank you very much...

 I can recomend at least one good comprehensive listing of
tools,languages and companies;

	The International Directory of Artificial Intelligence
		Companies,2nd edition,1986,Artificial
		Intelligence Software S.R.L.,Via A. Mario,12/A,
		45100 ROVIGO, Italy. Della Jane Hallpike,ed.
		Ph.(0425)27151

It mainly looks at the companies, but it does have descriptions
of their products.

Also look into D.A.Waterman's book, A guide to expert systems;
	Addison-Wesley Pub.Co.,1985.

I also recomend you check out the Expert system Magazines;

	1) Expert Systems - The Ineternational Journal of
		Knowledge Engineering;Learned Information Ltd.,
		(This is an English Publication. It's US office
		address is;
			Learned information Co.
			143 Old Marlton Pike
			Medfor,NJ 08055
			PH.(609) 654-6266
		Subscription Price: $79

	2) Expert Systems User; Expert Systems User Ltd.
				Cromwell House,
				20 Bride Lane
				London EC4 8DX
				PH.01-353 7400
				Telex: 23862
		Subscription Price: $210

	3) IEEE Expert - Intelligent Systems and their Applications
			 IEEE Computer Society
			 IEEE Headquartes
			 345 East 47th Street
			 New York,NY 10017

			 IEEE Computer Society West Coast Office
			 10662 Los Vaqueros Circle
			 Los Alamitos, CA 90720
		Subscription Price (IEEE Members): $12/yr

	4) AI Expert
		AI Expert
		P.O.Box 10952
		Palo Alto, CA 94303-0968
		Subscription Price: $39/yr $69/2yr $99/3yr

There are some good product description sections and articles
in these (especially the British ones which are the older
publications).  There are quite a number of systems out there.
Good luck.
Pam Pincha-Wagener