[net.ai] Public Domain Software for Expert Systems

meh@hou2d.UUCP (P.MEHROTRA) (10/12/86)

for building expert systems. I work in Unix environment and
have Franz LISP on my system. I already have OPS5. I am especially
interested in tools which use frames and/or semantic networks
for knowledge representation.

    Any software or any information where I can get this sofwtare
will be greatly appreciated.

Prem K Mehrotra
hou2d!meh   speedy!prem
201-615-4535

robert@einode.UUCP (Robert Cochran) (10/16/86)

>> From: meh@hou2d.UUCP (P.MEHROTRA)
>> Date: 11 Oct 86 22:06:27 GMT
>> Hi: I am looking for some software available in public domain
>> for building expert systems. I work in Unix environment and
>> have Franz LISP on my system. I already have OPS5. I am especially
>> interested in tools which use frames and/or semantic networks
>> for knowledge representation.

There is a full implementation of a Frame Representation Language being
distributed by a company in Ireland called Generics (Software) Ltd.
This FRL runs in any advanced lisp dialect - CommonLISP, FranzLISP, etc. -
on machines ranging from an IBM-PC to microVAX and VAX.
  It's not exactly public domain stuff but it's not expensive
either ($300 - $500), and special licences are available for educational
institutions.

If interested, I suggest you contact them directly for further information
at :     ....!mcvax!einode!genrix!mcgee.