[net.college] What planet is Purdue on

paul@osu-eddie.UUCP (Paul Placeway) (12/09/85)

In article <715@leadsv.UUCP> morse@leadsv.UUCP (Terry Morse) writes:
>> 	I still live in Harrison, and guest hours is strictly enforced on
>> the womens half so are escorts.  On the mens side the escort policy is not
>> as strictly enforced. (NOTE: This all depends on how ultra-conservative
>> your counselor is)
>
>Can I believe what I read?  Guest hours?  Escorts required?  I thought that
>sort of stuff went away decades ago!!  What planet is this "Purdue" place on?

Certainly not the same planet as Ohio State.  I lived fresh. and soph.
years in dorms at OSU, and the only dorms that had insanely
conservative rules like that are the woman-only dorms.  Sophomore year
I lived in Houck house (north campus eng.  dorm), which is co-ed, and
the only rule that we considered *really* stupid was that we couldn't
drink beer with the room door open (intrep. of "no drinking in public
places").  The next year, that rule was repealed.

As a side note, how are the freshman dorms at YOUR university.  At
OSU, the two big freshman dorms, Lincoln and Morell towers, are
*terrible* places to live.  They are separated into suits of 4
bedrooms, a common room, and a bathroom.  Each bedroom is separated
into study and sleeping areas, with room for 2 people to bedroom.
Unfortunately, they place 4 people in each bedroom (16/suit), which
results in massive overcrowding.  The only thing that seems to go on
parting (weekend starts on Thursday, ends on Tuesday, with Wednesday
to sleep in and recover).  The result of all this is a dorm-average
gradepoint of 1.85!! (at last count, 1984 I believe).  Yes, that means
that more than half of the people (inmates?) are on probation for
grades.  I managed to live through it, but I cannot recommend ANY new
OSU students living there.  I suggest that you do ANYTHING (sell you r
mother, etc.) to avoid them, unless you like parting 24 hours/day and
flunking out...

			now living in an apartment,
					Paul Placeway
					...!cbosgd!osu-eddie!paul