[net.college] Please Help a Prospective Yuppie

wdm@ecn-pc.UUCP (Tex) (12/05/85)

    I have decided to make a violent plunge into yuppiedom.  I knew that
    I had to outfit myself properly first, so now that I have my BMW on order,
    Brooks Bros making my winter wardrobe, and Fauchon catering my Christmas
    party, I only need an MBA from Harvard to make it all complete (oh yes; a
    very high paying, fast track position in a Fortune 100 company would
    be nice - I will be entertaining offers later this week).

    All of which brings me to my question - Does anyone have any advice about
    gaining admission to the MBA programs at the Ivy League schools?

    Thanks to all who reply.

    To anyone who has valuable information and doesn't pass it on:  I'll see
    you on the corporate ladder.  I'll find out who you are and I'll pass
    you so quickly your eyes will spin.  I'll render your mutual funds worth-
    less, and I'll see to it that your name is left off the guest list of
    every important social gathering in the country.  I'm taking no prisoners.

    ps:  Does anyone know the author of a book called something like "Choosing
	 the Elite"?  Someone told me it might be useful.

reintom@rocky2.UUCP (Tom Reingold) (12/07/85)

You've gotta be kidding.
(I hope you are.)

gates@bdmrrr.UUCP (Al Gates) (12/08/85)

>     All of which brings me to my question - Does anyone have any advice about
>     gaining admission to the MBA programs at the Ivy League schools?
>
>     Thanks to all who reply.
>
>     To anyone who has valuable information and doesn't pass it on:  I'll see
>     you on the corporate ladder.  I'll find out who you are and I'll pass
>     you so quickly your eyes will spin.  I'll render your mutual funds worth-
>     less, and I'll see to it that your name is left off the guest list of
>     every important social gathering in the country.  I'm taking no prisoners.

Don't forget to beat him in Racquetball!

--

Al Gates
BDM Corporation       ^   ^   ^   ^   {seismo,rlgvax}!bdmrrr!gates

akhanna@bbncc5.UUCP (Atul Khanna) (12/11/85)

In article <486@bdmrrr.UUCP> gates@bdmrrr.UUCP (Al Gates) writes:
>>     All of which brings me to my question - Does anyone have any advice about
>>     gaining admission to the MBA programs at the Ivy League schools?
>>
>>     Thanks to all who reply.
>>
>>     To anyone who has valuable information and doesn't pass it on:  I'll see
>>     you on the corporate ladder.  I'll find out who you are and I'll pass
>>     you so quickly your eyes will spin.  I'll render your mutual funds worth-
>>     less, and I'll see to it that your name is left off the guest list of
>>     every important social gathering in the country.  I'm taking no prisoners.
>
>Don't forget to beat him in Racquetball!

Racquetball's ok, but the truly Ivy-cum-Yuppie sport is Squash.
British ball squash is even Yuppier.

--
Atul C Khanna
BBN Communications Corporation, Cambridge MA

marco@andromeda.UUCP (Louis Marco) (12/13/85)

In article <389@bbncc5.UUCP>, akhanna@bbncc5.UUCP (Atul Khanna) writes:
> In article <486@bdmrrr.UUCP> gates@bdmrrr.UUCP (Al Gates) writes:
> >>
> >>     To anyone who has valuable information and doesn't pass it on:  I'll see
> >>     you on the corporate ladder.  I'll find out who you are and I'll pass
> >>     you so quickly your eyes will spin.  I'll render your mutual funds worth-
> >>     less, and I'll see to it that your name is left off the guest list of
> >>     every important social gathering in the country.  I'm taking no prisoners.
> >
> >Don't forget to beat him in Racquetball!
>
> Racquetball's ok, but the truly Ivy-cum-Yuppie sport is Squash.
> British ball squash is even Yuppier.
   Is that anything like Italian zucchinni squash ?