[net.college] The Four Basic Food Groups

gerber@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (Andrew S. Gerber) (02/12/86)

In article <618@frog.UUCP>, john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) writes:

> >>1. junk	>>2. fast	>>3. frozen	    >>4. spoiled
> >

> There is also Pritchett Lounge at MIT, where the Basic Food Groups are
>
> (1) Fountain	(2) Fries*	(3) Grill	(4) Pizza
>
> * Salads are ordered at the Fries station.

At MIT, there are a couple basic food groups:

1) Joe's  (Joe and Mike run a pizza truck, a Winnabago with pizza
ovens and places to sit.  They drive around to the dorms.  During
finals week they come to East Campus as late as 3:30 AM.)

2) Pritchett  (as mentioned above)

3) Slobdell   (Lobdell dining hall, probably the worst food on campus)

4) Walker     (Better than lobdell)

5) Commons    (The dorm dining halls.  Vary according to dorm)

6) The kitchen 	(for those dorms with kitchnes, probably the best food
		on campus.  But you have to make it yourself)

|  Andrew S. Gerber    MIT '87    Systems Manager,  Visible Language Workshop |
|  gerber@mit-amt.MIT.EDU, gerber@mit-mc.lcs.mit.edu			      |
|  UUCP: decvax!mit-eddie!mit-amt!gerber   decvax!mit-eddie}mit-athena!gerber |

greg@harvard.UUCP (Greg) (02/12/86)

In article <81@mit-amt.MIT.EDU> gerber@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (Andrew Gerber) writes:
>6) The kitchen 	(for those dorms with kitchens, probably the best food
>		on campus.  But you have to make it yourself)

I discovered this summer that when I had to cook my own food, I rarely com-
plained about it, even when it wasn't any better than the dining hall food
here at Harvard.  (Usually the meals my roommate and I made were a cut above
dining hall food, but we did have one or two notable failures which we
still ate.)
--
gregregreg

eric@uvacs.UUCP (Eric Holtman) (02/18/86)

> In article <81@mit-amt.MIT.EDU> gerber@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (Andrew Gerber) writes:
> >6) The kitchen 	(for those dorms with kitchens, probably the best food
> >		on campus.  But you have to make it yourself)
>
> I discovered this summer that when I had to cook my own food, I rarely com-
> plained about it, even when it wasn't any better than the dining hall food
> here at Harvard.  (Usually the meals my roommate and I made were a cut above
> dining hall food, but we did have one or two notable failures which we
> still ate.)
> --
> gregregreg

I always thought the four basic food groups were
	1) Beer
	2) Wine
	3) Hard Alcohol
	4) Aspirin