[net.college] You know you're in college when...

kevin@gitpyr.UUCP (Kevin Campbell) (03/11/86)

You know you're in college when.....

You apologize to an instructor for missing the last class and he says he
didn't even know you were taking it.

Your parents rent your room.

You know who Carlos Castaneda is.

Somebody asks YOU for directions.

You have to yell "flush" when someone is in the shower.

Your textbooks don't have pictures.

You get used to standing in line.

You spend a beautiful spring day in the library.

You wear the heart-print underpants that your aunt gave you for Christmas,
because you haven't had time to do the wash.

You find out that Spinoza isn't a disease.

You discover that the late movies you used to think were so silly, are in fact
cinema.

* Do y'all have anymore?? lets hear them!

--
Kevin Campbell
Office of Computing Services

UUCP:   ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!kevin
        ...!{rlgvax,sbl,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!kevin

BITNET: CCOPRKC @ GITVM1

frear@ihnp1.UUCP (L. Frear) (03/13/86)

Definition of a Fraternity:

A bunch of guys who are sick of living in the dorm, but don't have
any friends to get an apartment with.

--
Lori Frear
EMAIL	ihnp4!ihnp1!frear		Generic Disclaimer--Bell Labs may

diamond@andromeda.UUCP (Robert Diamond) (03/14/86)

In article <1530@gitpyr.UUCP>, kevin@gitpyr.UUCP (Kevin Campbell) writes:
> You know you're in college when.....

[various situations go here]

> * Do y'all have anymore?? lets hear them!

Being in college gives you the unalienable right to wait on line.

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (03/19/86)

In article <409@ihnp1.UUCP> frear@ihnp1.UUCP (45262-L. Frear) writes:
>Definition of a Fraternity:
>
>A bunch of guys who are sick of living in the dorm, but don't have
>any friends to get an apartment with.
>
>Lori Frear

I don't know how many of you have been reading net.college lately, but
there seems to be a discussion going on about Brother Jed and his people
going to something like 400 universities and colleges around the
country.  Well, recently his people were here at reed college.  He
wasn't, however.  Anyway, whilst trolloping through net.jokes, I saw
this.  Well, according to Brother Jed's book, _Who_Will_Rise_Up_, he
says that he has been accused (sp?) of generalizing and calling all
fraternity brothers drunkards and sorrority women whores.  I always
called them fratrats and sorwhores myself ;-).

If anyone is interested in what Brother Jed has to say, get this book.
I find it incredibly humorous, but then again, I'm agnostic and
basically don't like organized religion (no flames please...).  If you
read it with a polysyllable accent (i.e. lewd women becomes lew-ewed
wom-men).  If anyone is interested, I'll post part of chapter 11, (Sex,
Booze, Drugs and Rock & Roll), the section entitled "The Parable of the
Five Dormies".  Damn funny, damn funny....

Sean Kamath

{ihnp4,decvax,ucbcad}!tektronix!reed!kamath