[net.college] Other crazies

citrin@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU (Wayne Citrin) (03/18/86)

After reading all about Jed Smock, I started wondering about a guy that
comes through Berkeley a couple of times a year.  I don't know his name,
but he believes that Stephen King and Richard Nixon conspired in the
murder of John Lennon and claims that he got this information by reading
between the lines of Time and Newsweek reports.  Does this guy show up
on other campuses, or is he just a Berkeley phenomenon?

Wayne Citrin
(ucbvax!citrin)

mayer@cascade.ARPA (Niels Mayer) (03/19/86)

In article <12479@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> citrin@ucbvax.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Wayne Citrin) writes:
>After reading all about Jed Smock, I started wondering about a guy that
>comes through Berkeley a couple of times a year.  I don't know his name,
>but he believes that Stephen King and Richard Nixon conspired in the
>murder of John Lennon and claims that he got this information by reading
>between the lines of Time and Newsweek reports.  Does this guy show up
>on other campuses, or is he just a Berkeley phenomenon?
>
>Wayne Citrin
>(ucbvax!citrin)

Yes, he was at Stanford U a few weeks ago. After pinching myself to be sure
that he wasn't a hallucinatory byproduct of too many all-nighters, I
listened and laughed. Hell, people pay good money to see Church of the
Subgenius shows and this guy was ranting as well as any subgenius I've seen,
for FREE. I'll believe him as soon as someone convinces me that Ronald Reagan
is a real human and not a Walt-Disney-audio-animatronic robot.

Speaking of nut cases, Rev Gene Scott got his PhD at Stanford.  His TV
preaching is so pathetic, so blatantly phoney, so completely  unfounded in
reality.... it makes me giggle. I'm glad someone is out there is making
a strong effort to reveal the hoax that IS Christianity to the general
public. Most people don't realize it, but Jesus Christ was also a
Walt-Disney-audio-animatronic robot.

"Sickness will surely take the mind where minds can't usually go"
			Niels Mayer
			Center for Integrated Systems, Stanford University
			uucp: {ucbvax,decvax}!decwrl!glacier!mayer
			arpa: mayer@su-amadeus.arpa

berlin@bucsb.UUCP (n) (03/20/86)

As far as we are concerned (* the whole two of us *), this place
has got a serious case of taking itself seriously... I mean really
the humor index has hit an all-time low...

So, to remedy this... if anyone hear's from Brother Jed... please
urge him to visit BU and save my soul from the music of the
Violent Femmes... or throw in Van Halen (*ugh* if you think its
a better hook...

david**2