[net.college] Fear of Failing

wersan@daemen.uucp (John Slasher Wersan III) (03/18/86)

These are some comments from professors on student papers.

	"I don't like your topic, the style of your
	 writing, or the way you dress."

			-Anonymous

	"I appreciate the fact that this draft was
	 done in haste, but some of the sentences that
	 you are sending out in the world to do your
	 work for you are loitering in taverns or
	 asleep beside the highway."

		-Dr. Dwight Van de Vate, Philosophy
		 University of Tennessee at Knoxville

	"Ho hum."

		-Prof. Don Orr, Calculus
		 University of Wyoming

	"What are you, an idiot?"

		-Art History Professor
		 Yale University

	"Like this paper, failures are the stepping
	 stones to success."

		-A.A.
		 Indian Institute of Technology
		 Madras, India

	"I'm returning this note to you, instead of
	 your paper, because it (your paper) presently
	 occupies the bottom of my bird cage."

		-English Professor
		 Providence College

	"You should, without hesitation, pound
	 your typerwriter into a plowshare, your
	 paper into fertilizer, and enter agriculture"

		-Business Professor
		 University of Georgia

	"The world needs ditch diggers, too."

		-Prof. Paul Lucas, History
		 Clark University

	"Plaese porrf raed."

		-Prof. Michael O'Longhlin
		 S.U.N.Y. Purchase

       Stolen from "Dorm" magazine, Spring 1986 Edition.

--
          		John Wersan
UUCP : "decvax!sunybcs!daemen!wersan" or "inhp4!kitty!daemen!wersan"

ins_armr@jhunix.UUCP (Rudy M Rumohr) (03/20/86)

In article <203@daemen.uucp> wersan@daemen.UUCP writes:
>These are some comments from professors on student papers.
>

>	"I don't like your topic, the style of your
>	 writing, or the way you dress."
>
>			-Anonymous
>

>	"I'm returning this note to you, instead of
>	 your paper, because it (your paper) presently
>	 occupies the bottom of my bird cage."
>
>		-English Professor
>		 Providence College

One of my personal favorites....

	"Yes, I know all about organic gardening, too."

		-Mathematics Professor
		 Rutgers University

I must admit, the original comment didn't apply to a paper, but it is
somewhat applicable.

Rudy Rumohr Jr.                                   3339 N. Charles St
                                                  Apartment 1-AL
UUCP: ihnp4!whuxcc!jhunix!ins_armr  -or-          Baltimore, MD 21218
      seismo!umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_armr  -or-
      allegra!hopkins!jhunix!ins_armr
ARPANET: ins_armr%jhunix.BITNET@wiscvm.ARPA

Necessity dictates the insertion of an appropriate disclamatory proclamation
into this section of this missive, both for assuredness of legality, and to
satisfy my lust for bombast.

"I've seen sex, and I think it's OK."  -- Talking Heads

ark@alice.UucP (Andrew Koenig) (03/22/86)

When I was in junior high school, I once got back an exam paper
with something almost illegible scribbled across the top.
After much deciphering, I worked out that it said "penmanship"