[net.med] Makeup for men

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) (08/15/84)

=== REFERENCED ARTICLE ===================================
From: paloma@sdccs7.UUCP
Newsgroups: net.singles
Subject: Makeup for men

Well, makeup for guys may be a bit much, but how about a little skin care?
And not just acne medicine, either, I am talking about skin toner, moisturizer,
and how about a little chap stick?  The main purpose for doing this sort of
thing is to FEEL GOOD about yourself (it also makes your face more kissable,
guys).  Dry skin hurts you, too.  Basic skin care should be part of the
daily routine, just like taking a shower, and there is certainly nothing
unmasculine about taking a shower.  Most people won't respect you less for
taking care of your skin as long as you don't advertise the fact.  Only the
results are noticable, by women who caress your face afterwards...

Cindy Paloma

You're right, of course, Cindy.  Men do have occasion to use
cosmetics.  I myself get dry skin from swimming in a chlorinated pool,
soaking in a hot tub too long, basking in the sun, washing dishes, or
even shaving.  Moisturizer works wonders to make me feel more
comfortable.  Conditioner tones down hair that has been attcked by
chlorinated pools.  Lip balm can prevent chapped lips from cracking and
bleeding.

But bright red lipstick?  Artificial eyelashes?  Gloppy mascara?  Wigs
(or toupees)?  Are these really necessary for personal hygiene?
--
Ken Turkowski @ CADLINC, Palo Alto, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,dual,flairvax,nsc}!turtlevax!ken