[net.med] Contact Lens Phobia

mccamy@topcat.DEC (08/21/84)

From: "...decvax!decwrl!rhea!Topcat!McCamy"
Merrimack, New Hampshire

>My wife is very much interested in wearing soft contact lenses.  There is only
>one problem with her desire, she is very sensitive to having anything come
>close to her eye.  The doctor has a tough time just putting drops into her
>eyes!

>Is there anyone out there that may have had a similar sensitivity that
>overcame the problem?

>Is this common to most individuals?

>Is my wife a poor candidate for contact lenses because of this phobia?

I posted these questions a while ago, and received many helpful replies.

My wife went to the Optometrist for her second training session & was
successful in putting in and taking out her lenses!  It still takes her a
little time to go through the whole routine, but she can do it.

Thanks to all for giving her support, she really needed it.