[net.music] Warm Leatherette

gtaylor@lasspvax.UUCP (Greg Taylor) (03/20/85)

In article <> ben@moncol.UUCP (Bennett Broder) writes:
>I don't remember who does this, but there was a song that got some
>airplay on college and cult stations a few years back called
>'Warm Leatherette'.  It was a monotanous and repetitive piece of
>music, and the lyrics described simultaneously having an orgasm and
>a car crash.  The only other song I have ever heard by them had
>something to do with television--I dont remember the details, but it
>was nearly as stupid as Warm Leatherette.

You're talking about The Normal, who were actually Robert Rental and
Thomas Leer. Guess you aren't into that "big, industrial sound", eh?
Good thing you don't get a lot of Throbbing Gristle or Einsturzende
Neubauten on you local radio....

De gustibus,

7995pk13@sjuvax.UUCP (kirsch) (03/21/85)

So you want to know who did 'Warm Leatherette' huh? If it's the
same one I've heard it's by Grace Jones, the girl who makes Carl Lewis'
flat top haircut seem tame in comparison. She also redid a song by a
group called 'Joy Division' (my favorite band) but I can't recall the song.
Maybe someone out there can help...Was it She's Lost Control?

--
Paul Kirsch                                             St. Joseph's Univ.
{allegra | astrovax | bpa | burdvax}!sjuvax!7995pk13      Phila., Pa.

Where do birds go when it rains ?