[net.med] FLAME:FLAME:Once again

carter@gatech.CSNET (Carter Bullard) (06/17/85)

>In article <991@cbdkc1.UUCP> tjs@dkc1.UUCP ( Tom Stanions) writes:
>
>>  Animal studies show that it takes 5 generations of healthy eating
>>before the effects of a bad diet are eliminated.

	This is pure bull****!!!!!
	Absolutely wrong. WRONG, wrong, not right, false.
	You just made this statement up to give yourself some sense of
	   credibility.  It is completely wrong.  There is no such study,
	   there is no fact in your statement whatsoever.  Human studies
	   after WWII have shown this to be complete bull****.  This is
	   what we are all screaming about.  You make this stuff up, and
	   then try to use it as evidence to justify your warped view of
	   biology and medicine.

>>  There are endless studies to show that sugar, white flour,
>>caffene and chocolate are bad and why they are bad.  What about floride, it
>>has never been proven to help fight tooth decay but it has been proven to cause
>>it and many other problems (if this sentence sounds too definite refer to the
>>book by Dr. Yiamonious (sp) "Floride: The Aging Factor").  With all these
>>studies (not funded by food companies) how can you say the above (I can hear it
>>now "Where is the proof", "what studies", "prove it" - go ahead and ask and
>>I'll try to find some references, but please don't ask if you aren't going to
>>search out the references).

	Hey look, I've got this magazine article I want you to read
	that says that New York has donated one of their finer bridges
	to me and that it is for sale.  If thats interesting I also
	have a book that says that I'm the emperor of the Universe, and
	as such, gives me complete title to Mars, which is also for sale.
	I tell ya, they are cheap.

	Please, go to your local university library, and read a few articles
	out of a reputable medical journal.  They will talk about diseases
	that you have never heard of, suggest things that your imagination
	could never have come up with, and then they will probably tell you
	why you should take what they say with a grain of salt.  Who knows
	maybe, you'll learn something about medicine, but I can be confident
	that you will at least believe them.
--
Carter Bullard
School of Information and Computer Science