the most effective way to do that.

However, there are two things you probably have not been told about
that I will share with you:
     #1  Even when I was in medical school (1958), every medical
meeting I went to had a booth on warts.  Every booth on warts
mentioned that the single most effective method of wart removal (short
of surgery) was hypnosis.  Of course, back then, I wondered about that
and didn't have the time to look into it.  That was pretty brave of
those physicians in those days but they weren't afraid to say it
because was so obviously true.  Today we know how that works so it is
more acceptable.  Since it is not nearly as lucrative as burning them
off (& insurance won't pay for the hypnotic session needed to solve
the problem) it has not been a popular alternative.  It only benefits
the patient.
     #2  When I was an intern, an old dermatologist showed me how to
ALWAYS get rid of plantar warts in a maximum of two visits.  So far,
in 25 years of practice, the method has not failed me.  The problem
with the method is that it takes a lot of skill on the part of the
physician & the patient must be brave and completely in control of
him/herself for the one second of sharp pain it takes to do it (there
must be NO movement during that one second).
     The method consists of injecting, with a very fine needle,
exactly at the center of the deepest point of the wart, 1/10thcc of
sodium morrhuate ( a sclerosing solution used to inject varicose veins
instead of surgically removing them).  One week later the wart can be
peeled out with a sharp scissors with absolutely no pain or bleeding.

I recognize this as a true conventional treatment.  However, that is
what I see as the strength of a true Holistic Physician: s/he has all
of the tools of the conventional physician AND is willing and able to
learn enough to offer COMPLEMENTARY approaches to the patient.  Every
person must have the right to make an INFORMED choice about how s/he
wants to approach any problem.  Right now, most people are only
offered what is best for the patient & doctor; not what is best for
the patient.

Good Luck!

cbosgd!ukma!wws(Walt Stoll)
--
Walt Stoll, MD, ABFP
Founder, & Medical Director

rcj@burl.UUCP (Curtis Jackson) (09/12/85)

In article <2164@ukma.UUCP> wws@ukma.UUCP (Bill Stoll) writes:
>     The method consists of injecting, with a very fine needle,
>exactly at the center of the deepest point of the wart, 1/10thcc of
>sodium morrhuate ( a sclerosing solution used to inject varicose veins
>instead of surgically removing them).  One week later the wart can be
>peeled out with a sharp scissors with absolutely no pain or bleeding.

As a former sufferer on numerous occasions, I can heartily recommend
the treatment above -- I haven't had a recurrence in 3 years.  Another
avenue to try -- I have an EXCELLENT dermatologist here in Greensboro, NC
who likes to really talk to his patients (novel concept!!) and keep
up with the latest and greatest in his field.  Although the method
above is a surefire fix, it is not a preventative -- I believe it
results in a 60% non-recurrence rate.  As of 3 years ago, though,
there were [non-verified] claims of around 90% cure rates via laser
surgery.  You might wish to check into that as well -- those little
lasers can do amazingly precise work.

As for the hypnosis end, I would tend to believe that it could help;
warts are caused by sluggish T-cells as I remember, and mental well-being
is a BIG factor in that.
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd mgnetp ]!burl!rcj