[net.med] Discomfort After Taking Contacts Out

micci@nvuxg.UUCP (D M Dennee) (02/19/86)

I have extended-wear contact lenses, and when I take them out,
my eyes have a "thick" feeling to them.  This lasts for the
duration I have the contacts out (up to 2 weeks) and is discomforting.

It's hard to describe the feeling--I guess it can be described as
a dry feeling also.  Does anyone else have this feeling?  Also,
I've noticed a desensitization of my eyes to particles in them when
my contacts are out--probably just due to being used to having things
in my eyes.

Can anyone confirm that this "thick, dry" feeling in my eyes is normal?

Micci Dennee
Bell Communications Research
Red Bank, NJ  07701

starr@ttidcb.UUCP (Steve Starr) (02/20/86)

In article <262@nvuxg.UUCP> micci@nvuxg.UUCP (D M Dennee) writes:
>I have extended-wear contact lenses, and when I take them out,
>my eyes have a "thick" feeling to them.
>Micci Dennee

I've noticed the same sort of dryness when I take out my extended wear
contacts. I've always just written it off to the fact that my eyes have
gotten used to having a high water content protective layer over them
(the contacts) and when they are removed, presto ... dryness.

Steve Starr
...ttidca!ttidcb!starr