[net.graphics] Siggraph acceptance?

jpj@mss.UUCP (J. P. Jenal) (05/04/85)

Greetings - I submitted several slides to the Siggraph Art Show but I
haven't heard anything from them as yet.  Has anyone else out there heard?
If not, does anyone know when the committee is likely to announce their
decisions?  We are slowly going bonkers around here wondering.
Thanks in advance...

	Jim Jenal		(aka ...!scgvaxd!mss!jpj)
	Mayfield Senior School	( "  ...!ihnp4!mss!jpj)

jwp@utah-cs.UUCP (John W Peterson) (05/07/85)

You find out when you get to the conferance.  They usually have a large
wall display somewhere near the registration area with prints of the
accepted slides.

mwherman@watcgl.UUCP (Michael W. Herman) (05/09/85)

Last year was the first year that the conference
had the slides sets printed and mounted on the
large displays.  Although the intent was to
promote slide set sales, they did seem to attract
a lot of general attention.

Would people like to see these displays continued
every year?

Plse post a reply or send me one by mail.

Michael Herman
Computer Graphics Laboratory
Department of Computer Science
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada  N2L 3G1

UUCP:   {allegra,ihnp4,watmath}!watcgl!mwherman
-or-    {cbosgd,clyde,decvax,linus,tektronix,utcsrgv}!watmath!watcgl!mwherman
CSNET:  mwherman%watcgl@waterloo.CSNET
ARPA:   mwherman%watcgl%waterloo.CSNET@csnet-relay.ARPA

johne@ucla-cs.UUCP (05/26/85)

In article <1767@watcgl.UUCP> mwherman@watcgl.UUCP (Michael W. Herman) writes:
>Last year was the first year that the conference
>had the slides sets printed and mounted on the
>large displays.  Although the intent was to
>promote slide set sales, they did seem to attract
>a lot of general attention.
>
>Would people like to see these displays continued
>every year?

I will not be able to attend the conference, but I would be extremely interested
in obtaining some prints of some of the pictures appearing in the SIGGRAPH
journals.  Does anyone know if they are available?  I understand that slide sets
are available and I could make prints from them, but just ordering prints from
somewhere would probably be less expensive...

					- johne -