[net.graphics] Image processing group ?

nitin@ur-laser.uucp (Nitin Sampat) (06/20/85)

Subject: Access to UUCP from bitnet ?
Newsgroups: news.mail

Can someone tell me if I can get thru to UUCP from Bitnet ?

I am at node rochester!ur-laser!nitin and I can send mail from here
to a Bitnet node via Gateway PSUVAX1.  Howver, when I try to send
mail from the Bitnet node  ( running VMS ) , the computer does not like
the format rochester!PSUVAX1!ur-laser  ...etc (i.e. it does not like
the exclamation marks etc..)

I know the gateway is PSUVAX1 and that what worked one way should work
the other way too.  I just can't seem to "guess" the right syntax !!

Can anyone help me, please ???

Also, for people familier with both VMS and Unix..

Do you know what Unix does to the control characters that VMS puts
in a file. e.g. I have a .mem file generated using Runoff.  How
can I read this under Unix ????

Any help appreciated !!!............................nitin

Subject: Subject: Access to UUCP from bitnet ?
Newsgroups: Newsgroups: news.mail

Subject: Image processing group ?
Newsgroups: net.news.group, net.graphics

Newsgroups: net.news.groups

Is anybody out there interested in starting an image processing group ?

			...nitin

berger@datacube.UUCP (06/26/85)

I would be interested in an Image Processing group.
Is there enough interest?

	Bob Berger Datacube Inc.

	ima!inmet!mirror!datacube!berger
	decvax!cca!mirror!datacube!berger
	decvax!genrad!wjh12!mirror!datacube!berger
	{mit-eddie,cyb0vax}!mirror!datacube!berger

	4 Dearborn Rd. Peabody, Ma 01960
	617-535-6644

guzman@ttidcb.UUCP (Marc Guzman) (07/01/85)

In article <6700016@datacube.UUCP> berger@datacube.UUCP writes:

>I would be interested in an Image Processing group.
>Is there enough interest?
>
>	Bob Berger Datacube Inc.

	1 YES vote

	Specific interests at this time :

		1) gray scale images
		2) compression of gray scale images
		3) filtering any other techniques for removing noise

mercury@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Larry E. Baker) (07/03/85)

][

Image processing group?  YES!

--
-  Larry Baker @ The University of Texas at Austin
-  ... {seismo!ut-sally | decvax!allegra | tektronix!ihnp4}!ut-ngp!mercury

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) (07/04/85)

In article <395@ttidcb.UUCP> guzman@ttidcb.UUCP (Marc Guzman) writes:
>	1 YES vote
>	Specific interests at this time :
>		1) gray scale images
>		2) compression of gray scale images
>		3) filtering any other techniques for removing noise

Make it another vote for image processing.
I am interested in:
	1) Compression of binary, gray scale, and color images
	2) Feature extraction
	3) Image transformations

Note that I have cross-referenced this article to net.ai and net.news.group,
with all followups going to net.news.group where discussion of new newsgroup
creations belong.

I suspect that we could carry on image processing discussions in
net.graphics until the traffic warrants a new newsgroup.
--

Ken Turkowski @ CADLINC, Menlo Park, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,hplabs,nsc,seismo,spar}!turtlevax!ken

ronse@prlb2.UUCP (Ronse) (07/04/85)

I'm in favour of the creation of an image processing newsgroup.

				maldoror@prlb2.UUCP

{enea,hirst1,inria,mcvax,munnari,philabs,seismo,unido}!prlb2!maldoror

msp@ukc.UUCP (M.S.Parsons) (07/05/85)

In article <395@ttidcb.UUCP> guzman@ttidcb.UUCP (Marc Guzman) writes:
>In article <6700016@datacube.UUCP> berger@datacube.UUCP writes:
>>I would be interested in an Image Processing group.
>>Is there enough interest?
>>	Bob Berger Datacube Inc.
>
>	1 YES vote
>
>	Specific interests at this time :
>		1) gray scale images
>		2) compression of gray scale images
>		3) filtering any other techniques for removing noise

And another YES vote. Interests: Compression, complexity, quadtrees & octtrees.
  Mike Parsons.    ...!mcvax!ukc!msp

Mike Parsons UUCP: ..{ucl-cs|edcaad|mcvax|qtlon}!ukc!msp           msp@ukc.UUCP
             JANET:MSP%UKC%{EDXA,UCL-CS}..                         MSP@UKC.AC.UK
             Mail: Computing Lab, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, England.

> I'm in favour of the creation of an image processing newsgroup.

So start posting articles about image processing!  Those of us who aren't
interested in it will let you know when the volume becomes annoying enough
to justify a separate group.  Newsgroups unfortunately have a noticeable
per-group overhead within the news software, and should be created only if
there is reason to expect significant traffic.  All too many groups have
been created by a bunch of enthusiastic people who would like to *read*
about a particular topic, only to find that nobody ever *writes* about it
after the first flurry of interest dies down.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology

connolly@steinmetz.UUCP (C. Ian Connolly) (07/11/85)

Another YES vote for an image-processing group, or maybe I should call
it a machine-vision group.  My primary interests are in 3D techniques
and model matching, which are not terribly appropriate for net.graphics
(or are they?).
--
C. Ian Connolly, WA2IFI - USENET: ...edison!steinmetz!connolly
	   ,      ,	  ARPANET: connolly@ge-crd

skinner@saber.UUCP (Robert Skinner) (07/15/85)

> My primary interests are in 3D techniques
> and model matching, which are not terribly appropriate for net.graphics
> (or are they?).
> --
> C. Ian Connolly, WA2IFI - USENET: ...edison!steinmetz!connolly
> 	   ,      ,	  ARPANET: connolly@ge-crd

Well why not post them anyway, maybe those of us in "normal" graphics can
learn something from reading the image processing articles.  If the image proc.
articles get to be too much to wade through, *we* will request a separate
newgroup too.  Until then, share the information, and lets find out how
much traffic there's going to be before we create yet another newsgroup.

Name:	Robert Skinner
Mail:	Saber Technology, 2381 Bering Drive, San Jose, California 95131
AT&T:	(408) 945-0518, or 945-9600 (mesg. only)
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!saber!skinner
	...{amd,ihnp4,ittvax}!saber!skinner