[net.graphics] Ordering Standards Documents

george@mnetor.UUCP (George Hart) (07/15/85)

In <540@mtuxn.UUCP>, fjpls wrote:
>...At any rate listed below are several references I used for my paper.
>
>Draft International Standard ISO/DIS 7942 Information Processing
>	Graphical Kernal System (GKS) Functional Description,
>	International Standards Organization, ISO Document
>	ISO TC97/SC5/WG2 N163, Nov. 14, 1982.

In the course of ordering this document I have discovered the following.

This document was revised and has been finalized. It has also been adopted
by ANSI as a national standard.  It is available from ANSI in NY (212)
354-3343.  The cost is $28.00 plus shipping.  If your company is a member
of ANSI, you can order over the phone and they will bill you.  Otherwise you
must send payment with your order.

ANSI document number:	ISO/DIS 7942 Revised
ANSI committee id:	ISO/TC97/SC21N204

Other tidbits:
VDI and VDM are now called CGI and CGM by the X3 committees.  These standards
aren't expected to be presented to ANSI until sometime in 1987.

Working drafts of PHIGS and CGI/CGM standards may be available from the
respective committee chairperson.  Distribution of working drafts is done
at their discretion.  (I have noticed the posting saying these and
other drafts are available through CBEMA.  If this is true, that is probably
the best route; ANSI made no mention of it however.)

X3H3.1 (PHIGS) Chairperson: Richard Puk
(714)455-5590

X3H3.3 (CGI/CGM) Chairperson: Margret Journey, Precison Visuals
(303)530-9000

The tidbits above were given to be by ANSI and I make no claim as to their
accuracy or to the disposition of the chairpeople if descended upon by the
masses:-).

--

Regards,

George Hart, Computer X Canada Ltd.
{cbosgd, decvax, harpo, ihnp4}!utcs!mnetor!george

tp@ndm20 (07/25/85)

Working documents for ISO standards (including PHIGS) are available from CBEMA.
Call (202)466-2288 and ask for the X3 secretariat. The PHIGS document is $35.

Terry Poot
Nathan D. Maier Consulting Engineers
(214)739-4741
Usenet: ...!{allegra|ihnp4}!convex!smu!ndm20!tp
CSNET:  ndm20!tp@smu
ARPA:   ndm20!tp%smu@csnet-relay.ARPA