[net.graphics] Object Descriptions Wanted

brian@sdcsvax.UUCP (Brian Kantor) (08/31/85)

Could some kind soul out there in pixel-land send me an object
description or two, in machine readable form?  I'm looking for some
three-D relatively simple objects to play modelling and rendering
experiments with, such as Martin Newell's teapot and the like.

I can send a tape, or use anonymous ftp, or carrier pigeon, or whatever
seems most appropriate.

A thousand thanks!

	Brian Kantor	UC San Diego Computer Graphics Lab

	decvax\ 	brian@ucsd.arpa
	akgua  >---  sdcsvax  --- brian
	ucbvax/		Kantor@Nosc

brad@gcc-bill.ARPA (Brad Parker) (09/05/85)

In article <1074@sdcsvax.UUCP> brian@sdcsvax.UUCP (Brian Kantor) writes:
>Could some kind soul out there in pixel-land send me an object
>description or two, in machine readable form?  I'm looking for some
>three-D...

I hate "me toos", but I'd like to grab onto anything pass around also!
(some of us don't have ps-2's laying around....)

;-) Thanks.
--

J Bradford Parker
uucp: seismo!harvard!gcc-bill!brad

"She said you know how to spell AUDACIOUSLY? I could tell I was in love...
You want to go to heaven? or would you rather not be saved?" - Lloyd Coal

derek@uwvax.UUCP (Derek Zahn) (09/06/85)

>Could some kind soul out there in pixel-land send me an object
>description or two, in machine readable form?  I'm looking for some
>three-D...

I hate to sound stupid, but what does that mean?

Object descriptions?  (you mean spheres, the statue of liberty, or what?)

Machine readable form?  Is there some standard machine-readable form I
never noticed?

Also, could you post a summary of your replies to the net?  I am not sure
what you want, but I want it too!

derek
--
Derek Zahn @ wisconsin
...!{allegra,heurikon,ihnp4,seismo,sfwin,ucbvax,uwm-evax}!uwvax!derek

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) (09/06/85)

In article <302@gcc-bill.ARPA> brad@gcc-bill.UUCP (Brad Parker) writes:
>In article <1074@sdcsvax.UUCP> brian@sdcsvax.UUCP (Brian Kantor) writes:
>>Could some kind soul out there in pixel-land send me an object
>>description or two, in machine readable form?  I'm looking for some
>>three-D...
>
>I hate "me toos", but I'd like to grab onto anything pass around also!
>(some of us don't have ps-2's laying around....)

A year and a half ago, I posted as a Christmas present Frank Crow's
Flexible Image Generation Environment.  Along with the code were posted
some data objects:  If you look in your net.sources archives for
December 1983, you'll find:

tube.std	- a cylinder
tubend.std	- a cone
champagngl.std	- a champagne glass (Phong's?)
icosa_pcl.std	- an icosohedron
icosa_vcl.std	- an icosohedron
trunc_pyr.std	- a truncarted pyramid
chkrbd.std	- a checkerboard
banana.std	- a banana
egg.std		- an egg
klnbtl.std	- a Klein bottle
--
Ken Turkowski @ CADLINC, Menlo Park, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,hplabs,seismo,spar}!turtlevax!ken

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) (09/10/85)

In article <285@uwvax.UUCP> derek@uwvax.UUCP (Derek Zahn) writes:
>>	Could some kind soul out there in pixel-land send me an object
>>	description or two, in machine readable form?  I'm looking for some
>>	three-D...
>	I hate to sound stupid, but what does that mean?
>	Object descriptions?  (you mean spheres, the statue of liberty,
>	or what?)
Yes.  All of the above and then some.
>	Machine readable form?  Is there some standard machine-readable form I
>	never noticed?
As opposed to a paper listing, orthogonal views, or a picture in perspective.