[net.graphics] Old post

rfb@cmu-cs-h.ARPA (Rick Busdiecker) (09/09/85)

Could someone who has a copy the posts by Ken Turkowski of Frank Crow's Image
Generation Environment (December 1983), please either repost it (to
net.sources) or mail me a copy?  CMU didn't read the netnews in 1983.

				Rick Busdiecker
				rfb@h.cs.cmu.edu
				cmu-cs-pt!cmu-cs-h!rfb

radack@cwruecmp.UUCP (Gerald Radack) (09/12/85)

In article <248@cmu-cs-h.ARPA> rfb@cmu-cs-h.ARPA (Rick Busdiecker) writes:
>Could someone who has a copy the posts by Ken Turkowski of Frank Crow's Image
>Generation Environment (December 1983), please either repost it (to
>net.sources) or mail me a copy?

Please repost. I (and I'm sure others) would also like to receive it.
--
-------------
Gerry Radack					(216) 368-2808

julian@osu-eddie.UUCP (Julian Gomez) (09/15/85)

> Could someone who has a copy the posts by Ken Turkowski of Frank Crow's Image
> Generation Environment (December 1983) ...

Shortly after Ken Turkowski posted Frank Crow's system, I put out a
message about the updated version of that system. Version 1, the posted
version, makes a number of assumptions about its environment and has a
few bugs.  Version 2, the software updated by Frank's graduate
students, is more rigourously defined and implemented, and also does
true instancing (it should have a few bugs too :-).  The system was
developed under NSF grants and is public domain.  If you would like
more details, write me.  If you want a copy, write (USnail):

	Prof. Charles Csuri
	Computer Graphics Research Group
	OSU / Cranston
	1501 Neil Ave
	Columbus, OH 43201
--
"If Chaos himself sat umpire, what better could he do?"

	Julian "a tribble took it" Gomez
	Computer Graphics Research Group, The Ohio State University
	{ucbvax,decvax}!cbosg!osu-eddie!julian

skinner@saber.UUCP (Robert Skinner) (09/16/85)

> In article <248@cmu-cs-h.ARPA> rfb@cmu-cs-h.ARPA (Rick Busdiecker) writes:
> >Could someone who has a copy the posts by Ken Turkowski of Frank Crow's Image
> >Generation Environment (December 1983), please either repost it (to
> >net.sources) or mail me a copy?

Concerning the same software, does anyone know if it has been ported to
VMS (Ken, are you listening?).  You see I have this friend with an
11/780 that is practically idle....

			.. man then went on to prove that black was white,
			and was promptly killed at the next zebra crossing.

Name:	Robert Skinner
Snail:	Saber Technology, 2381 Bering Drive, San Jose, California 95131
AT&T:	(408) 945-0518, or 945-9600 (mesg. only)
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!saber!skinner
	...{amd,ihnp4,ittvax}!saber!skinner

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) (09/16/85)

In article <1303@cwruecmp.UUCP> radack@cwruecmp.UUCP (Gerald Radack) writes:
>In article <248@cmu-cs-h.ARPA> rfb@cmu-cs-h.ARPA (Rick Busdiecker) writes:
>>Could someone who has a copy the posts by Ken Turkowski of Frank Crow's Image
>>Generation Environment (December 1983), please either repost it (to
>>net.sources) or mail me a copy?
>
>Please repost. I (and I'm sure others) would also like to receive it.

It is a lot of code (~1/2 meg uncompressed).  If I get 10 requests
(I've currently got 3), I'll repost.
--
Ken Turkowski @ CADLINC, Menlo Park, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,hplabs,seismo,spar}!turtlevax!ken

brad@gcc-bill.ARPA (Brad Parker) (09/20/85)

In article <1772@saber.UUCP> skinner@saber.UUCP (Robert Skinner) writes:
>> In article <248@cmu-cs-h.ARPA> rfb@cmu-cs-h.ARPA (Rick Busdiecker) writes:
>> >Could someone who has a copy the posts by Ken Turkowski of Frank Crow's Image
>> >Generation Environment (December 1983), please either repost it (to
>> >net.sources) or mail me a copy?
>
>Concerning the same software, does anyone know if it has been ported to
>VMS (Ken, are you listening?).  You see I have this friend with an
>11/780 that is practically idle....

This code makes HEAVY use of pipe. I've used VAX C (very nice) but don't
believe the unix pipe primatives are supported. Oh well.
--

J Bradford Parker
uucp: seismo!harvard!gcc-bill!brad

"She said you know how to spell AUDACIOUSLY? I could tell I was in love...
You want to go to heaven? or would you rather not be saved?" - Lloyd Coal